PDA

View Full Version : need some reasurance

courtney mullane
18-04-13, 12:32
hi,i have just started to take fluoxetine,i was a bit worried as i dont know alot about ,reading on the web has made me feel anxious,i need some reasurance,this is my first time of being on the tablets and dont know if i should just tell my doctor i dont want them.help! :unsure:

ChristopherT
18-04-13, 12:57
Hey there. How many days have you been on it. I have been on it for 30 days, I've been writing about it... It had some bad points early on, but after about day 10, (they say two weeks) things were getting better for me I guess. But you don't see the full effects I guess until 5 weeks... But if you have really bad problems, it could take longer to work, but cross that bridge if you need to.

I wrote about my experience from day 1, now 30 I guess everyone is a bit different though.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1150181#post1150181

hopey
19-04-13, 14:59
Hi courtenay. I have been on "fluo" 6weeks on 20mg felt a wee better went back to doctor. he has upped me to 40mg. but he says it could be six to eight weeks before one feels the benefit. Hope it does no take you this long. blessings hopey

Tessar
19-04-13, 21:29
Hi Courtney, I can understand your apprehension, but if the tablets have been prescribed to you, then its likely they will help you. The trouble is that the bad press for any meds always seem to be at the top of a google search. The bits where people say they have worked really well, seem to get buried several pages down. I for one have taken fluoxetine many times and it has always helped me. Apart from a bit of a dry mouth in the first couple of weeks I have had no other side effects. I only have good things to say about it as its helped me alot.

courtney mullane
23-04-13, 20:29
thankyou guys! yes im trying to ignore the bad comments but they are still in the back of my mind im coming up to the second week of being on them havent noticed any change yet but its early stages yet.
c

Tessar
23-04-13, 21:56
The fastest I have noticed a difference is two weeks. I think for most people it can average 4-6 weeks but hopefully soon for you.....