PDA

View Full Version : Falling back into Health anxiety- spasms etc

willous1
18-04-13, 14:08
Hi, I have had months without ete but I can feel myself slowly going back to how I was. I used to visit doctors weekly and my life was hell. I thought I had everything under the sun. First I kept feeling palpitations and spasms, then I thought I had alzheimers at 27....etc etc.

However for about a week I have started feeling spasms again around body and even woke up to a palpitation the other night. I am now concentration on every feeling. I feel like i am going to noticably start twitching soon. I get spasm feeling in my neck and upper arms as well as other places. I really dont want to go to the doctors again as I know it could set me off. The doctor refused to see me one time last year.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

I am scared of falling back so much- my life was hell

willous1
18-04-13, 22:26
Now tonight I just felt a weird rumble time feeling on right side of chest. What the hell

CarrieOn
18-04-13, 23:01
Hey there,
I know what you're going through, because I always feel like I have something terrible wrong with my brain and that every little thing that happens to me is evidence of it. I know deep down that is not true, though -- random spasms and palpitations are NORMAL. No one's body ever feels totally "right" to them.

Just try to breath deeply relax. Remind yourself that it's normal to feel how you are feeling. You said that you feel like you are "going to noticeably start twitching soon." Think about that for a second ... I don't mean to be rude, but it's kinda funny, right? You might as well say "I think I'm going to just randomly start breakdancing for no reason." It's not something that happens to people ... you can predict like that, unless it's psychological! :P

Of course, imagining symptoms is part of HA but I know that I always have to remind myself of that. You're going to be OK. Just relax and breath, and remind yourself that it's normal to feel a little worried once and a while, and no reason to panic.

Good luck xxxx

Munchlet
19-04-13, 18:21
Hi Willous

Sorry to hear you are struggling again, I can't say anything to make you feel better other than I know how you feel.

I'm desperately trying to overcome my HA at the moment and I've triggered it myself by worrying that I haven't had an eye test for years, so needless to say I'm having headaches, pressure, dry eyes etc and am convinced I have a melanoma of the eye or a brain tumour.

It's crazy but I think the anxiety produces the majority of our symptoms but our HA won't let us believe that and we are convinced it's down to an illness.

I don't know the answer other than to say hang in there and hopefully it will pass again soon.

take care