PDA

View Full Version : Measles

unsure_about_this
18-04-13, 14:06
Over the last few weeks as you know for those who have been watching the news, reading the papers, using the Internet (may increased my HA worries more) about the situation in Wales. I live in England

I have had my jabs done for MMR but I don't know remember having it done when I was 12 months (I probably cried as the nurse/doctor gave me the injection). I don't know off the top of my head all the injections I have done at the doctors at some point I think I have a 2nd MMR injection (as I had two injections one day, one for injection for a country we were going to.

My parents especially my mum have been surprised that I have not been concern and worry about this yet, of course I am worried.

Trying very hard not to google stories.

Edie
18-04-13, 14:55
Your GP will be able to confirm you are up to date or not. He will have a list of all your vaccinations. If you phone them, they will be able to check for you.

unsure_about_this
19-04-13, 15:29
Hi thanks for your reply. I did have an injection last year for MMR, whilst having another injection for going to Cuba.

It also worrying about meningitis as well we had a case from what I can remember back in secondary school. I did have an injection done during secondary school for one strain.