PDA

View Full Version : Terrible symptoms worried its a brain tumour

Lyndz1
18-04-13, 16:08
I've been having a terrible headache, nausea, dizziness, shaky, shivery and brain zaps for the past 5 days. I am so scared its a brain tumour. I have been told by a few people that it sounds like anxiety as my wedding is in a few weeks. But i dont feel stressed or anything. I am basically bed bound as i feel really ill. I am going to c my gp tomorrow. Can anxiety really make you feel this ill? X

Darbysa
18-04-13, 19:37
Lyndz I'm afraid it can. It's worth getting this checked out by your doctor but the chances are its nothing serious and just anxiety. You don't have to feel stressed by anything to feel this way. I know I don't have any real stress but this thing seemed to pop up from nowhere. I think part of the problem is trying to look for reasons for feeling this way and that just feeds your anxiety. Planning a wedding is very stressful even though you may feel you are coping very well.
I'm interested in what you mean by brain zaps. I've just posted a reply to Zippy about Head Swaying and wonder if you are having the same problem. I would copy and paste but I'm not smart enough to work out how you do that so maybe you could go and have a look at Zippys post from today!
Hope the doctor can put your mind at rest and that you can get on with enjoying your lovely day.

Sal x

CarrieOn
19-04-13, 00:42
Hey Lyndz,

Congrats on your engagement :)

Those all sound like they could be anxiety symptoms for sure. I've worked myself into awful states, gone to the doctor and had all my tests come back super-normal. Anxiety can do crazy things to you lol

Also, I think it's interesting that you say you "don't feel stressed or anything," but you are bed bound a few weeks before your wedding AND you think you might have a brain tumour. NO ONE under those circumstances would NOT be stressed, right? The fact is, if you are on this forum, you are stressed ... that's just how it is! Calm people do not log into nomorepanic.co.uk :P

A friend of mine sometimes gets "brain zaps" (that's exactly what she calls them!!) as a side effect from her antidepressant, I think maybe when she forgets to take it for a day or so? I don't remember exactly, but if you are taking something it could be related to that.

It's good that you are going to see your GP and hopefully she can help you... but I agree with Sal, that it is very likely that you are suffering from anxiety. That's probably a lot more likely than a brain tumour.

Good luck and get well xx

Lyndz1
19-04-13, 15:36
Thank you so much guys. I went to my gp today who said nothing i have told her would make her think anything serious is going on. Sounds like stress. She checked the back of my eyes and my bp and said everythings fine. And i've had the symptoms for a week and look healthy also. I'm a bit more at ease now. So hopefully my symptoms will ease asap :)