PDA

View Full Version : emotional abuse support

fluff
18-04-13, 19:10
Im not sure if I am posting this in right place im having a really bad time of things and I need to find some support. Im being mentally abused by my ex partner and I dont know where to turn we dont live together no more but we still have to see each other due to having a child together I wont go into too much detail but are there any support places people know of for this sort of thing for free. My anxiety is going through the roof its making me really ill

hanj16
18-04-13, 20:10
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a horrible time, its completely unacceptable that your ex partner treats you in this way. Women's Aid is a really good charity to get some advice from. They deal with many forms of abuse including mental abuse and they will be able to offer you help and point you in the right direction.

flossie
18-04-13, 21:17
The above post gives good advice. CAB may also be able to give you info about any local facilities.
I send you my best wishes and hope you find the support you are needing.

fluff
18-04-13, 21:52
Thankyou both of you ive spoken to leeway and im able to have an outreach worker they calling me tomorow so hopeing they be able to help me

hanj16
18-04-13, 22:18
Hope the call goes well with the outreach worker. Let us know how you get on :)

fluff
18-04-13, 22:29
Thankyou just the chat on phone with them helped earlyier buts made me also realise perhaps where my mental health problems have stemed from xx

fluff
15-06-13, 07:51
Well I dont really feel to great and I prob cant go into too much detail on here. But im really afraid I have to see my ex today to see his child for the day im constantly given hassel from him and he now brings a friend aswell and tells me what I should be doing its hard to explain how it makes me feel :-/ I am also now afraid to get into proper commited relationships as I think iy will all happen to me again

joelhall
15-06-13, 10:53
Although there are some very good services out there, sometimes they can take time to access. Very often we seek out the professionals, but do not overlook family and friends. Sometimes they can be far more help than you think. I hope you find a solution to this soon :)