PDA

View Full Version : Please I need someone to help me with this one..

Tinker28
18-04-13, 23:13
I want to know if someone can please shed some light on this for me. I never have gave this much thought. But I did the wrose thing I could do and that was GOOGLE. Now at first I just googled the diesesse and found some of the syptoms I actually have but it's like only 2 maybe just 1 symptom but its the scariest one. K so I looked up Lupus mainly cause my uncle is engaged to someone with the diesesse and I was worried I might have it, well the first thing on there is joint pain/swelling. I have that in my wrist and I've now noticed in my albows now to, and my knees are feeling it to. My face I have noticed it a bit red, my mom said its not. I am seeing my Doctor tomorrow, in one site it said if you have 4 symptoms then you might have lupus well I have just the 1 I think, and arthritis runs in my family so could it be that I just have arthritis?

can anyone help me with this please? Thank you!

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

PLEASE,

CarrieOn
18-04-13, 23:29
Hey Tinker :)

You don't have Lupus!! I used to watch this show House, which is a fictional drama about a very smart doctor and his team trying to investigate weird diseases their (fictional) patients have. The joke on the show is that someone always suggests that a patient has lupus, and they NEVER have lupus. A friend of mine was saying that her cousin is an emergency nurse, and I guess it is kind of like that in real life as well -- lots of people think they have lupus but it's really really uncommon and very few people have it.

If you only have one of the symptoms then NO ONE will consider diagnosing you with Lupus. No doctor is going to even consider it unless you have ALL FOUR, and even then you might have something else. The chances that you have it AT ALL are super super rare ... and the chances that you have it without having most of the symptoms is NON EXISTENT lol so just try to relax :)

Arthritis sounds a lot more likely, especially if it runs in your family. Or maybe you just have a sore wrist from GOOGLING SYMPTOMS! bad bad bad :P

You will be ok :)

Tinker28
19-04-13, 00:10
haha, yeah Im bad that way. thank you CarrieOn! You have calmed me down a lot. I really needed that.

CarrieOn
19-04-13, 00:27
:)

I am bad with the evil google as well ... but I try and come on here instead when I feel the urge to do that. So glad you are feeling better!! <3

Tinker28
19-04-13, 04:25
:)

---------- Post added 19-04-13 at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was 18-04-13 at 23:35 ----------

Ok, so I did feel assured but I googled some more, I know why??? I don't know. So when I was getting anxiety while googleing my face part of my neck and chest started to go very red. Could this be from anxiety me turning so red and sometimes my knuckles will turn blotchy red on my hands to. I'm getting really scared again please someone help me. I'm all alone right now and I'm going crazy.

Please:weep:

Nansua
19-04-13, 04:54
Hello Oh That Google , A Few Months Ago I Was Get Flushed Faces Dizzy numbness, But It Was OnlyAfter I Was So Full Of Anxiety And Googling What Was Wrong With Me , Now Those SymptomsWent Away. I Would Have Heart Palpitations, I Would Wake Up In Such Torment .

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Its Anxiety , Now I Just Went To The Doctor Last Week.because My Feet Legs Were Burning Well It Still Comes And Goes But I See The More Angry I Get With It And Anxious The Worst T Gets . Well The Doctor Said It Can Be Anxiety Which Is PreposterousTo Me , But I Habe To Trust And Say It Is Anxiety . I Ve Had So Many Tests Done I Have NEver In My Whole Life Been These Many Times To The Doctors Than I Have Since The Beggining Of ThE Year. Now Ehe

Tinker28
19-04-13, 05:39
Thank you Nansua :hugs:

k1982
19-04-13, 08:24
Hi Tinker28!

I agree with everyone, you don't have lupus!! The flushed face and chest is VERY common with anxiety, and the rash you get with lupus is a very specific, different kind of rash than normal flushing. Arthritis is SO common, and lupus is not. I am sure you are going to be OK.

I google too much too, but I am going to try doing what CarrieOn suggested and come on to the forum when I have an urge to google instead!

Hope you are feeling better xx

Tinker28
19-04-13, 13:33
Thank you K1982. I really hope everyone is right.

Tinker28
19-04-13, 21:03
I'm at the Doctors office waiting to see him to hopefully see what he thinks wish me luck!

Nansua
19-04-13, 23:00
Dont Forget To Post And Let Us Know :)

Tinker28
19-04-13, 23:24
I went through everything with my Doctor, I did mention Lupus he laughed. But he did order like 11 different tests for blood and urine, even a test that is so rare he has only seen it once in his practice, and he has been a doctor a long time he said he ordered it cause he though I'd come across it online somewhere so he ordered it anyways. Doctor did order the lupus test and said its rare and arthritis is more common. So I have to wait till Monday to get the tests done. I'm not working right now, so ill be waiting at home for the test results. I hope I don't go crazy in the mean time.

Thanks everyone for all your help and I will keep everyone on here updated.
:hugs:

Nansua
20-04-13, 00:53
Oh No You Must Keep Busy , In Feb When I Had A Bunch Of Tests Done I Was Going Crazy Thats WheN The Burning Started Rapid Heart Rate , So Dont allow That To Happen, Just 2 Days And You'll Be Able To Laugh At HA

Tinker28
22-04-13, 18:23
So I got my blood work done today. I have to get a 24 hour urine sample. It sounds kinda scary. Anyone else had this before?

Nansua
23-04-13, 03:28
Yes I did I actually have another one2 do, it wasa hormonal test somehormone was high so they requird the pee test

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

The pee test came back normal the reason whythe blood came out igh was because I had coffee and I had excersised so all those things ake that hormone test high, it was the figh or flight hormone