PDA

View Full Version : Feel scared at night!!!!

Carey88
19-04-13, 02:51
Hi everyone, this is my first post but thought this would be a good place to talk.

I've had anxiety for years but more predominantly in the last 12 months. I've tried everything I can to relax but it just doesn't work I'm constantly scared that I'm going to just collapse and never wake up or that I'm really ill all the time. I'm 25 on Saturday and I'm worried about going out for a drink with family and friends incase I have another attack but even without an attack I'm worried most of the time!!!

Thanks for listening

chloe83
19-04-13, 02:54
Hi r u taken anythng for ur anxiety?hope u make it out for ur bdayn

Carey88
22-04-13, 04:42
I tried citilopram but they made it a lot worse. I made it for my birthday cheers just always hate the day after a beer because it gets worse so I try not drinking as much

Oatcake
22-04-13, 09:50
I've had anxiety for years but more predominantly in the last 12 months. I've tried everything I can to relax but it just doesn't work I'm constantly scared that I'm going to just collapse and never wake up or that I'm really ill all the time. I'm 25 on Saturday and I'm worried about going out for a drink with family and friends incase I have another attack but even without an attack I'm worried most of the time!!!

Hi Carey, welcome to the most supportive place you can find to talk about your anxiety. Anxiety is such a pain(Putting it politely, lol) - it comes and goes without warning, and can completely overwhelm you.

Have you spoken to a GP about your state of mind just now? There are quite a few routes you can take to help you, and it might help if you can talk them through with a doctor before deciding which works for you. It's a good starting point.

annie.hall
22-04-13, 15:14
I'm like you. I often feel fatigued and dizzy and, most of the time, I think there is something very wrong and that I'm dying. Often at night, I'm afraid to go to sleep and to never wake up. I think that while the symptoms are real and caused by high anxiety, I worsen them by putting so much focus on them. I try and ignore those symptoms on my best days, but on bad days, I'm just convinced I have some killer disease. The best advice I can give you is to keep track in a journal of what you are feeling and of the symptoms you get. Each new day should validate the fact that those symptoms are not harmful and that even when you tell yourself "today it's real, I really feel that I'm dying", just go back and realize that you were telling yourself the same thing last week or last month and that you're still alive. Hope you feel better soon... :hugs: