PDA

View Full Version : in middle of panic attack, anyone help please

saintdee
19-04-13, 11:27
head dizzy and keeping taking deep breaths, thininkg its my heart or somtinhg, every deep breath i take i ache in my chest andmy arms are tingly, need some support please

rockydog
19-04-13, 11:33
Hi there you will be ok just relax your body and drop your shoulders, nothing worse is going to happen to you although its the scariest feeling ever. Just sit and dont try and add to the feelings of panic xx sending a quick message so you know someone is watching x

saintdee
19-04-13, 11:40
i appreciate that, i really do, im stuggeling

rockydog
19-04-13, 11:42
Do you often have them, If you was clinically ill you wouldnt be able to sit and type ;) these things of a serious nature tend to come on quickly unlike the symptoms you most probably have which will come get to a peak and pass. They sound very typical of anxiety and panic I spent all last year like it so know how it feels x

saintdee
19-04-13, 11:45
i have had panic attacks before and anxiety attackes every day, its just when they are happening my mind wont help as its only negative thoughts all the time

Eek
19-04-13, 11:48
Just remember an anxiety attack can't hurt you, it's unpleasant but it won't hurt you. Your arms are tingly due to hyperventilation, you need to take deep slow breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth hold the in breath for a count of three then breath out to a count of five. And again the attack won't hurt you

saintdee
19-04-13, 11:56
thanks guys, i think im coming out of it, shattered now though. it was all worse because im at my desk at work in an office on my own with no one else to look to for support.

rockydog
19-04-13, 12:02
Now is the time you tell yourself, see I am ok and it was just panic. You need to change your negative thoughts after it has happened if you can't do it at the time of the attack. You now know you are ok and it wasn't serious so you can be positive about that. take care x

saintdee
19-04-13, 12:06
thanks all.x