PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo - tongue cancer update

Ddcoo
19-04-13, 13:38
Just a quick update for my supportive buddies. I went to hospital yesterday and saw my surgeon and the radiologist for the first time since I finished the radiotherapy just over 4 weeks ago and they were both pleased with the progress I am making. There are still sore patches in my mouth which is to be expected and my voice is pretty gruff due to the vocal cords being affected by the radiography. In face I sound a bit like Mrs Brown from Mrs Browns Boys.

I have to go back in about a months time for another check. The dietician isnt that pleased with me as I am still losing weight, but I am chuffed to be looking slimmer instead of the J Lo bum I had, but I am trying to eat some normal type food but it is very difficult with half a swallow and an enlarged tongue. The tongue will reduce in size over time which should make things more comfortable.

Well guys I think that is it for this week, so best wishes to you all:yesyes:

Annie0904
19-04-13, 16:18
Pleased to hear from you Di..at least things are staring to improve now. I am sure you will soon be back to normal eating :D :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glyph
19-04-13, 16:22
I'm very glad to see you're getting better :D

I hear that cake is meant to be good for people who have had these kinds of treatments because it's easy to swallow. besides, I think you've earned it. ;)

Tessar
19-04-13, 16:31
awwww ddcoooo really great to hear from you my brave lady! Our inspiration!

Em.ma
19-04-13, 17:40
Good to see you on here.
Have a nice big tub of ice cream from me :)

Tessar
19-04-13, 21:22
Good to see you on here.
Have a nice big tub of ice cream from me :)

Hmmmmm yummy ice cream - must be good therapy for a bad mouth/throat... Cooling but hopefully tasty too without being too irritating either.

lizzie29
19-04-13, 21:33
You are an inspiration. Wishing you well for the future.

Eek
20-04-13, 11:34
Glad to hear you're making progress albeit slow, each day is a day closer to recovery. You're an inspiration to everyone on here. I hope the eating becomes easier for you and your tongue goes down soon. Thinking of you :hugs:

shaka
20-04-13, 13:01
Thinking of you :hugs:

Magic
20-04-13, 19:46
Thinking of you too ddcoo xx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Justinf
22-04-13, 04:54
Great to hear Di. Looks like things are going to continue to improve, which is terrific.