PDA

View Full Version : 1st time on public transport in 2 years

xtremx
19-04-13, 19:03
I did something the other day I went to Bristol. I live in Cornwall so it was a 4 hour journey.

Bus and 2 Trains.

The last time I was on a bus I had a massive Panic Attack and that was over 2 years ago and I had never used public transport since.

But I did it I was a little iffy on the first part of the journey and then to top it off I stayed over in Bristol for the night and I had a wonderful time.

Then the journey home and I did it all with-out a Panic Attack.

WOW

Now I have been asked to travel to London (for lunch) on my own next month to meet my cousin who is flying in from Ireland.. So that will be a nearly 6 hour journey and a 3 day stay over.

And I wonder if I would be able to do it or am I pushing myself to hard considering this was my first time away from home other than the odd night in A&E thinking I was having a heart attack.

I really want to do it and maybe prove that the grip Anxiety has had on my life is fading.

But I have so much negative going on in my life.. My marriage breaking up after 20 years and I'm having to go Bankrupt.

But hey I did it a long Journey and a stay over in a B&B and home again mainly on my own I had my soulmate along the way....

Spot-the-frog
19-04-13, 19:24
That is brilliant! Well done I think you were very brave. Only you know if you are up to the London trip but it certainly looks as if you could give it a go?

fluff
19-04-13, 19:26
Welldone mr xtremx you've done really good :-)
You can do the trip to london im sure xxx

Annie0904
19-04-13, 19:35
Well done :D

xtremx
19-04-13, 21:23

It does just goes to show if you think you can do something and also have something that drives you to do it you can and I had something special to do in Bristol and it meant so much to me that it pulled me through.

And now I feel it has opened new doors to me.

Thanks again.

lizzie29
19-04-13, 21:31
Wow, that's brilliant! Well done! I reckon you could definitely give London a good shot, especially as you were fine on this trip.

BobbyDog
19-04-13, 22:31
Well done. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose".
Go for it.............

kittikat
20-04-13, 00:05
Chris, that is amazing WOW! You must be so very proud of yourself :yesyes:

You have proved my therapists theory that if you do something that has a reward at the end of it for you, you can achieve anything. And that was not just a baby step that was a massive wow step. I am very proud of you :winks:

I am sure you can do London too...build on your new found confidence and you can achieve anything you want to.

What a great success story. You deserve one of these :bighug1: Kitti xx

xtremx
20-04-13, 08:18
Thanks all :)

I really think the London trip may come together and I will try to do everything to make it happen.

Yes having a reward at the end of doing something is a great thing to aim for and it helps you through.

And yes Kitti it was a WOW it was total amazing and it has left me wanting more and it has inspired me.

Thanks again all :bighug1:

Magic
20-04-13, 09:06
That is very brave of you. WELL DONE!!!:)

mrsnobody
20-04-13, 09:07
well done

dally
20-04-13, 10:00
Fantastic!! I too never spent a day away from home for the last 20 years until I HAD to stay over at a wedding last summer. I have just stayed over on a hotel for one night again. It wasn't easy but I did it.
I think you should do it again. We cannot let outselves go backward with this condition. We must always push forwards. Think of the fun you will have. And the boring life if you don't. Do everything you can to build your relaxation. I breathing excercise s and good diet. Nd just go for it. Have fun. Life is for living. And very well done again xx

gem7
01-08-13, 15:52
well done :)

AuntieMoosie
02-08-13, 03:24
Wow!!! WELL DONE!!! That was one very brave thing to do......and YOU DID IT!!!!!! :yesyes:

Just Some Guy
02-08-13, 09:00
Well done Xtremx! I've had my own public transport win this morning.

With a little will power it can be done!

purgatory
08-08-13, 15:18
Hi gem7, AuntieMooise and Just Some Guy.

Just Some Guy. Well done on your own public transport win mate, as you say with a little will power we can over come and little steps lead to long journeys.

Again well done

Just notice this thread has had some replies in the last week or so and would just like to say on behalf of xtremx thank you.

He has not done a journey like that since but he has one planned in the next few months to London and this time he will be all alone and having to do the tube as well for an hour and that has gone scared stiff but he will succeed if not it will be an epic failure.

He knows he still has his rock available to help him if needs be and he will call up her anyway.

So wish him luck for it will be an adventure but he feels a lot better at the moment .

Cheers Purgatory (xtremx):blush: