PDA

View Full Version : throat probs

HIBISCUS30
20-04-13, 08:21
hi everyone, havent posted on here for a while, hope everyone ok. Im getting myself into a right state again, ive had a funny feeling throat and itchy ears, i think it may be allergies but last night i thought i would have a look down my throat with a torch and i found 2 yellowish spots at the back of my throat, just behind my tonsil now of course im thinking ive got cancer :-( has anyone else had something like this? xx

bibliophilic
20-04-13, 16:25
I know my allergies have been just awful these last few weeks. Not only do we have massive pollen counts in my area, but the weather has been fluctuating from hot to cold daily, plus random rain, so my body doesn't know what to think. :D

I have yellow stripes at the back of my throat, sometimes more prominent than other times. I was told that it was post nasal drip. Which makes sense, because that can irritate a throat! I hope this helps and that you get to feeling better!

HIBISCUS30
20-04-13, 21:04
hi bibliphilic, thanks for reply, i do suffer with allergies so i know its prob to do with them but that worry is always there that its something else, i have a constant need to clear my throat and it feels one sided? its far worse in a morning, i have wondered about post nasal drip, is there any medication out there for that? it also hurts in my ear when i swallow? xx

bibliophilic
20-04-13, 23:50
You're describing my symptoms exactly! I have a ton of mucus and feel like I have to clear it constantly, mine also keeps mainly bothering me on my left side but then it goes to my right and only occasionally in the center. My ears hurt when I swallow and it sounds really loud too. I think my eustachian tubes are clogged because of the allergy inflammation. It's so frustrating! Mine gets worse in the morning too, then gets worse again at night. I take Allegra which helps with my allergies and the drip, I've also taken Sudafed and Mucinex. I have a prescription nasal spray (Flonase) but I haven't been bothering with it. My mom uses a Netipot which flushes the sinuses out..looks too scary for me so I just suffer. Hah! Hope this helps. xoxo

HIBISCUS30
22-04-13, 20:24
hi bibliophilic, does the roof of your mouth also feel funny? mine is sort of tingly? and also my tongue, xx

bibliophilic
22-04-13, 20:47
Yeah, mine gets like itchy and then it feels like my tonsils are really sensitive too. My tongue always feels weird! Haha. Our bodies sure do act strange!

HIBISCUS30
23-04-13, 08:22
weird isnt it! mine is also 10 x worse first thing in the morning, get really wheezy with it, and sorry tmi but have lots of mucus xx

Mogwog
23-04-13, 10:59
I am so glad I'm not alone. You've both replied to my post as I am suffering something similar. I have a blocked Eustachian tube and am taking Sudafed as directed by dr, mine is really bad in the morning too and if I focus on it. Maybe if one of us finds something that works we can let the other know.
xxxxxxxxxxx

HIBISCUS30
23-04-13, 23:00
hi, mogwog, im taking sudafed also along with anti histamines, today has been a bad day though getting a really dry throat and mouth now with funny taste really starting to think something serious is wrong :-( xx