PDA

View Full Version : im scared of my anxiety

tricia56
20-04-13, 11:23
hi im scared of anxiety even tho i know it cant harm me or cant kill me but still after 7 yrs of suffring with it iim still scared of all the symtoms i get i kerp telling my self its only anxiety when im so overwelmend with it im constanly thinking about it how im feeling or why am i like this all the time i dont take meds im scared of side effects i dont know how or wat to do to to overcome exepting its anxiety as people say once you exept it you will get better but i just dont know how to . so looking for any advice of any one to help me and if any one else feels the same thank you

Bekzie
20-04-13, 12:10
Hi Tricia, I feel the same way most of the time. Have you tried any counselling? Or CBT?

JoniEdwards
20-04-13, 12:32
I've had anxiety for 28 years. Every panic attack is like my first one. I don't do medication either. I have seroquel and clonazepam but I don't take them. I know exactly how you feel. I've tried to live in the moment. Think about the things around you. The sounds, the smells the colors etc. think of everything going on except what you are feeling. That sometimes helps me.

chicaplatense1
20-04-13, 19:29
Joni, I liked what you said about looking at the world around you during an attack.
I am on medication now, have been for 5 weeks and still trying to adjust, not feeling that great yet.You have suffered for a long time Joni. Do you have this every day or just every once in a while? I am interested in hearing how long-time sufferers cope...
I seem to be ok for periods of time and then it comes with a vengeance and then I experience attacks constantly like every day, especially anxiety...

tricia, I know how you feel. I worry about being able to function, work, study, take care of my kids, that's what scares me. And also I worry about being able to cope. I just had a relapse after 2 years of being fine and I have felt awful now for 2 months....

tricia56
21-04-13, 10:28
thk u all for ur help and advicei keep telling myself that there is light at the end of the tunnel and just wonderd if any one on here has come thro it and what did they do to to over come it as you dont here of many stories on here on how people have overcome their anxiety as i think if there was more succsess stories posted it would probly help others and give us hope . just a thought i had

saro
21-04-13, 21:45
Try and keep your mind occupied so you do not over think everything. The more you sit and worry about your anxiety the worse you will make yourself in the long run. The best thing to do is keep distracted and have a recovery plan going such as CBT and work at positive thinking. I hope you feel better soon.

katyjohnstone
21-04-13, 22:48
eel exactly the same as you always afraid no matter whsat