PDA

View Full Version : Alone at night, obsessed someone will break in...

aeroz21
20-04-13, 22:43
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've used the forums, but I'm having such a hard time right now that I felt I needed to re-visit. Sorry if this post is long...

I've been in the house by myself for 2 months as my parents have been abroad. I'm usually okay when I'm on my own but this time I am convinced that someone is going to break into the house during the night. But I'm not worried about burgulars - I'm worried that someone will have been watching the house these past couple of months, know I'm alone and are going to try and harm me. But, the thing is, I have NO reason to feel this way. I live in a safe neighbourhood in a village, and I have neighbours on one side of the house (even though it's detached). The only thing is that I don't have any friends that live nearby and noone will come and stay with me.

I can't watch television or do anything except for listen to the noises that go on around me. Everything makes me jump. I was so convinced that someone was in my house on Tuesday morning (when I had just woken up) that I called the police, but of course they didn't find anything. The next day, I went to the supermarket and bought cheap magnetic alarms to put on all the doors. I felt safer the first night, but I don't anymore. In fact, one of them just went off and scared the absolute s*** out of me. And, again, noone was there.

I've suffered with panic attacks, anxiety and depression on and off for years, but I have been fine for the last two or three years (I have been on anti-depressants since my last major episode in 2010). I don't know what's set me off -- perhaps I've been reading too many stories about horrific things being committed in usually low-crime neighbourhoods -- but I'm starting to REALLY lose it now. I'm sat here shaking, contemplating staying in a Travelodge tomorrow night. My parents get back on Wednesday but I don't know if my nerves will last that long.

Please help. Are any of you alone in the house at night? How do you manage it?

LucyR
20-04-13, 23:48
Hi, Yes, one day last week I thought I heard someone at my door and it really freaked me out at the time!! Think I imagined it though!!