PDA

View Full Version : anemia

katy123
21-04-13, 13:07
Hi,I suffer with gad and panic attacks,i have also been told recently I have an ectopic heartbeat.I ended up in hospital last week and as I had to have blood tests they have said I have moderate anemia.I have had to have further blood tests to see the caus e of the anemia,have been panicing as doctor thinks its due to heavy blood loss as to which Im aware of none ,anemia sites could be due to cancers really scared anyone alse had anemia??Im female aged 47 and otherwise in good health(apart from gad,panics).

Cags48
23-07-14, 19:04
Hi I have anaemia I also have the same fears as you , are you on tablets ?

anthrokid
26-07-14, 02:31
Heavy blood loss can be as simple as having your monthly period. This can result in anaemia if you aren't getting enough iron in your diet to compensate for what you lose every month. However, it can also simply be due to that fact that you aren't getting enough iron in your diet. It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with blood loss. It's good that it's being checked out - the tests will give your doctor an idea of what the cause of the anaemia is and how best to treat it :) I've always been prone to anaemia and have to be really consious of eating foods that contain high iron, or taking iron supplements when I am travelling in an area where I can't eat a lot of red meat or leafy greens.