PDA

View Full Version : don't panic Mr Mainwaring...

alexi
21-04-13, 14:10
Hi ! I'm new to the forum.
I'm having health anxiety following a couple of cancer scares (and one still ongoing). I need a bit of hand-holding to get me through .....

Annie0904
21-04-13, 16:41
Hi :welcome:

hanj16
21-04-13, 16:45
A big welcome to the site! What a brilliant title for a thread :). Theres a great community on here and I'm sure you'll find lots of support. Remember you're not alone.

Wishing you the very best
Hannah

Bekzie
21-04-13, 16:49
Hi Alexi :welcome:

This site is great for help and support, I am sure you will find comfort here

Mark13
22-04-13, 15:16
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

Hopeandlove
14-11-13, 02:48
is it just me or do serious things in life cancer,deaths etc...........that are real and happen are easier to go through than all the feared /imagined things we worry about that make up daily anxiety like the what if's.............

craigj1303
14-11-13, 12:08
is it just me or do serious things in life cancer,deaths etc...........that are real and happen are easier to go through than all the feared /imagined things we worry about that make up daily anxiety like the what if's.............

I think that is bang on the money! I can't say i've experienced tons of grief in my life, but I can recall when my mum told us she had cancer and needed radiotherapy. Sure, there was the initial upset and worry, but then I managed it and got through. She got better thankfully and that was that.

I wasn't thinking about it every minute of every day, "oh no, what if she doesn't get better" etc etc. I thought it occasionally sure, but not half as much as all the bullshit anxiety worrys that are never going to really happen that make me feel so awful, panicky and nervous!