PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview

Doz
22-09-06, 15:04
After being off for a month with anxiety I have applied for one job and got an interview! The only thing is it's in front of a panel and I'm getting worked up about how I'll be in front of these people - will they see that I'm anxious? I am really pleased that I've got the interview, I know I can do the job but how do I get through an hour long interview without wanting to run out of the room?

Doz

angie3077
22-09-06, 15:19
Hi Doz, congratulations on getting the interview, they must be pleased with your CV or application form details! I can understand the feelings you are getting about the job interview, you are only human and I think we all get these same feeling in these situations - I definately do anyway!
I think the hardest thing is getting yourself prepared for the interview and getting yourself there.....once you are there in the room with the panel you will cope...it just will happen. Believe in yourself. As for them being able to tell if you are anxious, I do no think they see one person walk into the room that isn't! You will not be any different from the other applicants no doubt who are probably having the same thoughts as you too. I wish you all the luck in the world for getting the job:D

Angie

kazzie
22-09-06, 17:03
Hi Doz Im jobhunting too!!!! Like to wish you the very best of luck!!!

Take Care

kaz

yorkylover
22-09-06, 17:16
Hi Doz,best of luck for the job interview.I think your really brave for taking the steps to apply for the job and get the interview.Im sure you will be ok.Try and think positive.;)

Ellen XX

polly daydream
22-09-06, 17:55
Good luck Doz, you can do it!!!

Polly :D

mad_shell66
25-09-06, 08:39
good luck,

shellxx

Doz
25-09-06, 11:47
Thank you so much for all your support - I'll let you know how it goes!

Doz x

myself
25-09-06, 12:36
Hi Doz
I HATE interviews, even before ptsd came on the scene, unfortunately we have to do them.
They would not spend their time interviewing you if they did not think you could do the job, go for it, once your in the room and talking about what you know best the panic will reside. Best advice I can think of is write down what you want to tell them, no reason why you cannot take note sin there, they have them so why not you. Something you prepared will give you something to grasp and may let you "control" the interview a bit.
good luck to you.
myself

Doz
17-11-06, 13:16
Hello All,

I got the job!! Not only was the interview very relaxed, I spoke like I'd never suffered from anxiety. Prior to going in I was really nervous but once I sat down that was it!!

Doz

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:51
Doz

Wow well done and many congratulations to you

Good luck with it

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
19-11-06, 20:57
Well done Doz thats great news :D

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Southern_Belle
21-11-06, 16:12
Hi Doz,

Congratulations! Sometimes when we face our fears we do so much better than we ever thought we would. So happy for you.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"