PDA

View Full Version : Neck pain

lily413
21-04-13, 19:24
Hi everyone, I'm back!

Had right-sided neck pain for about 2 months. Started with lump in the throat type feeling in the middle of my throat (I know this is common with anxiety) but then started to feel tender on right hand side. When I press my thyroid cartilage area (inch and a half area, adam's apple and below) it feels really tender deep inside, but only really on the right. The discomfort sometimes extends to the base of my tongue on the right hand side too. I'm wondering is this could be anxiety related? Or perhaps from grinding my teeth at night? Went to doctor about a month ago about it who prescribed me Lansoprazole for Acid Reflux. I was suffering from that I think because I had difficulty swallowing, burbing etc and that has gone now, just the neck tenderness left. Full Blood Count came back normal 2 weeks ago. I have another doctor appointment on Tuesday but don't have much hope of them knowing what's going on!

Any ideas?

Scottie32
21-04-13, 21:36
Hi Lily, sounds very familiar to my current issues ! The doctor has ran various blood test including thyroid all came back normal. Has now sent me away with antibiotics and told me to come back in 2 weeks.... That was a week ago and nothing has changed, well only that I am getting pain behind my right eye as well now.
Sorry I should say I also had swollen glands under my chin and a swollen lymph node. Me having health anxiety I have obviously read various symptoms and then the Doc starts asking any night sweats, any rashes etc...... So I know what she is thinking !!!
Any way sorry to hear about your neck, mine is pretty bad today all down one side. Hope you get sorted and would love to know what Doc says, sure it is just anxiety.

namoplus
27-04-13, 19:21
Hi Lily, my symptoms are just like urs, i am 26 femaile. i also have swollen lymph nodes on left side if my neck. also i have throat tightness. dr prescribed me with Omperazole for acid reflux. i m not sure i have acid reflux cuz i have no hurt burn symptoms, after taking omperazole i have epigastric stabbing pain now just the middle of my stomach, i dnt know if its related to omperazole or not. hope u get a right diagnosis soon. :)
btw i m prescribed with vitamin b12+bcomplex injections i havnt got them yet. i hope it wont be placebo or sth.
keep it updated. wish u luck.