PDA

View Full Version : I'm honestly scared

stay_gold
22-04-13, 02:12
Today I met my friend to go up to Central London. I said we should meet at the tube station. I arrived 15 mins early, so obviously I had to wait. I stood near the entrance and looked at the big tube map.
This guy stood right at the doorway part. I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eye. He looked me up n down and laughed to himself pretty hysterically. I figured it was cos I was wearing grungy clothes today. I called my friend to see where she was, she said she was close.
After I got off the phone, the same guy stood next to me, looked at me, then the tube map. I just stared at the map for a while, then I saw he was just staring at me with a sinister smile Kinda look on his face for ages. I looked in that direction but not him, and there my friend was. Even she was weirded out and she witnessed seconds of it.
As we went to top up our cards. I saw him at the corner of my eye still staring for about a minute before he just left.

It's really freaked me out. I dunno what would have happened if my friend was late. I honestly am scared to go places now. This sucks.

BobbyDog
22-04-13, 07:00
It sounds like he picked up on your nervous disposition and took advantage of that. It is a very small amount of people who would do something like that to make someone feel uncomfortable, the exception rather that the rule. You are is a safe environment in the tube station when there are a lot of people around. Rise above his negative behavior, you are better than that and stronger than that. Try and make sure you have someone with you when you go out until you start to feel safe again.

Oatcake
22-04-13, 09:46
How horrible, and unsettling. Sounds like the kind of thing which kids would do to upset another child, not something a grown adult should be doing. Shame on him, wherever he is. I expect he hasn't even given it a second thought, whereas you've spent your hours worrying about it. BobbyDog is quite right to tell you to rise above it though - you are better than that. He is evidently a bored and immature person to get his kicks from things like that, whereas you are making a conscious effort to build your life up. Don't let him get you down when you've put so much into your recovery!

Bekzie
22-04-13, 09:55
That must of been horrible for you but you handled it very well. It sound like he could possibly of laughed because you were looking at the map, I haven't been to London but I guess the underground system can be pretty confusing, maybe some (ignorant) Londoners find this amusing for some reason.
Be proud that you didn't over react and you coped perfectly! Well done.

stay_gold
22-04-13, 11:18
Thanks for the responses guys. I feel a bit better about it. I didn't even think he could've been doing that solely to pick on me for no reason. I must really be giving off a vibe I'm not noticing.
I honestly don't think I can meet someone at a station for a while though. I guess he did his job there.

Uncertain27
22-04-13, 20:27
I'm not surprised you were scared OP! At the start of this year I went to the shop and a man asked me for money claiming his kids were starving, I said I didn't have any but then he came in the shop and saw me buying things, so he said I was lying and that he would 'punch me in the face if he saw me again down there' :glare: I didn't go out for about three days and was scared to go back to that area for several weeks. I didn't see him again since though!