PDA

View Full Version : Affraid if panic coming back

Torri
22-04-13, 06:43
I have been on meds for a year now for my depression and panic and they seems to work but the panic was always there just not as bad as before.....but the last few months my panic has returned and I'm scared as I don't want it to limit my life again I am trying to manage it like I was told to by support groups that I have been to but it's really hard... I had had Cbt but they felt I didn't need it as she seen me after the meds kicked in, I'm not sure what triggered it to start up again and I am racking my brain to see...
I have a docs app today shall I ask for an increase in meds or not bother

janzenz
22-04-13, 07:15
Hi Torri, I have had panic back again after many years respite with a vengeance... Hard to deal with at the moment but i do have to say that my understanding of the disorder and its effects on my body this time around are certainly helping... I have been waking with rapid palps and even had them for nearly a day coming in surges and waves 2 weeks ago... That was the start of this anxiety again. Its a bitch... But i know that i can get through it... It just takes patience, acceptance and time... You will get there too. be kind to yourself and do not give up or in... They are just physical sensations of the fight and flight response...

Torri
22-04-13, 07:24
Was your panic triggered by something or out of the blue?

StaffordEd
22-04-13, 14:10
Hi Torri

Just before Christmas 2012 I had my very firs panic attack at 58. A real eye opener. I have had a few minor anxiety attacks since and waiting results from various medical test to rule out other possibilities.

I have read about CBT and it is high on my priority if anxiety is diagnosed. CBT tackles the route cause and aims to straighten out the mind which is turning all thoughts into negative one's

I just feel pills alone mask and hide the symptoms and eventually unless you increase dosage the affect wears off. ( that's my view and can be challenged )

If I was you I would look into CBT again.

Best wishes

Ed