PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried hypnotherapy?

Eek
22-04-13, 09:13
I've made an appointment for a consultation with a hypnotherapist with a view to trying hypnotherapy. Has anyone tried this? If so how did you find it?
I really want to avoid taking any more drugs if I can but am struggling having come of one of my recent meds. My psych wants me on clonazepam (klonopin) but I don't want to get addicted so thought I might try a more natural drug free remedy first.

So I'm just interested if anyone has gone down this route.

Hypo
22-04-13, 09:56
Yep.. I have a session in an hours time :)

I love it, I have been cured of my tongue obsession and I am much calmer.

I am panicking about my cholesterol results which I get back Thursday so I still suffer a little, but not to the extent that I did.

I am also working on self esteem issues with her as we believe a lot of my issues stem from my childhood and lack of self worth and I seem to end up getting anxiety when I am happy because I don't think I deserve happiness.

She took me back in time at my request so we could pin point where it comes from.

I enjoy the counselling aspect of it that she gives me too.

Good luck, I don't think you will regret it at all.

saintdee
22-04-13, 13:36
It didn't work for me, but that's not saying a different therapist won't work for me.

Jamesk
22-04-13, 14:06
I have a session this evening - it has really helped me.

My therapist is also a trained psycotherrapist so we also have a good chat when I go to see her and this two-pronged approach seems to work for me.

violet12
22-04-13, 18:37
I'm also starting Hypnotherapy this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work or at least help me as i'm getting desperate with this HA!

I'm not taking any meds at the moment apart from the occasional diazepan as i'm scared of medication. I recently tried 5 mg of escitalopram for 3 weeks but I couldn't cope with the increased anxiety.

I'm convinced I have some incurable disease as I feel so ill with aches & pains everywhere. Doc doesn't seem worried at all, have had scans & bloods done etc....but I still think I'm dying! So I've decided to give Hypno a try!

Tessar
22-04-13, 18:46
That sounds good hypo\james. I was about to embark on hypnotherapy for my spider phobia when life events took over. I still think I would like to try it and reading your posts it sounds worthwhile.
Good luck eek & violet you'll have to let us know how it goes.

Gee
22-04-13, 19:09
I'm really tempted to try this! I've enquirer and there is someone local who says it is a common issue she deals with - I'm sure it won't be a magic fix but it would be great if it helped!!! :)

Spot-the-frog
22-04-13, 20:09
It didn't do anything for me, but I wouldn't knock it, I think you need to find the right person - good luck x