PDA

View Full Version : Getting worried sick about my health worries

unsure_about_this
22-04-13, 12:32
Sorry for another post. my HA is driving my crazy. I mention the symptoms I get to doctors at every appointment I go to. I really really fear cancer.

I been told to limit my testicular exams to one time per month, now. instead of doing it mainly times per day.

I know googling and looking up sites is bad for you health (I have disovered using one cancer website) about 80 cancers and that means a lot of type of cancer I have not even heard of what really makes me worry.

This adbominal pain I been having even I been to the doctors many times, bowel movement look fine (no blood from what I can see) but scared about hidden blood. Surely the abominal ultraound scan from what I have would have pick up something, as well as the blood test I had. Not had any other xrays.

I hate to admit it that I have cry because of my abdominal pain. I been told I have IBS and it could go on for weeks (but reading papers, don't annoy IBS symptoms if things changed.)

I worried about cancer, acid reflux, disease, organ failure, has also moved onto heart attack worries and fears. My Granddad (not blood) had a heart attack a few years ago, his weight and diabetes did not help, he is fine now, but worried about whether it will happened again.

The fear of what I am eating and the things I won't eat could be affect my body. Yet again I read to many media stories.

Both my Dad parents died, his dad in 1998 died of a heart attack in hospital and his mum died of cancer in 2000 (she smoked), we only got told that she had cancer 24 hours before she died.

I am concerned about my Dad because he smokes and the rest of the family health.

I also worry have I loss weight without trying, even though I been weigh at doctors the last few times, my weigh has been the same.

In February this when I to the dentist about a mark on my gum (I needed two dental xrays done) I done the foolish thing about google dental xrays and thyroid cancer came up.

virgin747
22-04-13, 17:36
Hi there. Have just read your post and whilst not being able to help, can understand your anxiety. My History has been plagued by health or generalised anxiety. I lost my mum about 15 years ago to breast cancer, she was 57. I've always worried but since mums passing its become much much worse. I've seen a CBT therapist and have a very understanding GP. I've recently been getting severe headaches. Have been put on 10mg of Amitriptyline and been on it for about a week now without much success. My only advice would be to explore some books. "Don't sweat the small stuff" by Richard Carlson and "Overcoming Health Anxiety" by rob Wilson and David veale. They if nothing else direct your attention from your anxiety and give you tasks to do. My vice is " Dr Google". A lot of your symptoms will be brought on and made worse by your worries. I'm trying to get a grip but fear and anxiety often take over. Use these forums as they offer some solitude in the lonely and misunderstood world of Anxiety.
All the best.
Pete