PDA

View Full Version : Twitching and saying or mixing words

willous1
22-04-13, 17:41
I have had HA for 2 years nearly but had a nice rest from it taking over my life for a few months. However, now its back. I keep getting twitches all over and concentrate on it badly now. It's literally everywhere soetimes. I dont always notice it but worse when a twith happens and I think about it more. I also sometimes say the wrong word or just dont concentrate. Im so scared- anyone else had this. Like- I will go to say one word and say something similar or opposite. Could the twitching be due to a brain problem. I have had Alzheimers worries before (At 28) but they calmed. Twitching was not as bad as this but kept thinking i was losing things and forgetting things.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Its maybe not noticible to other people but im really worried

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

I reallly dont want to go doctors as it will start me off again

xtremx
22-04-13, 18:00
Hi,

I will go to say one word and say something similar or opposite
I do this myself and it get annoying but it is just anxiety and you are overthinking and words just come out wrong at time also sometimes I think I'm saying the wrong words and I will ask people if I have and they will say no so it is just in my head.

Could the twitching be due to a brain problem

Very slim chance of that... I have been twitching for over 2 years now and some of my muscles are in constant 24/7 365days a year twitch and one good thing you have said is that you get them all over will that would rule out nearly every problem again anxiety.

Look up a thing called benign fasciculation syndrome it is a fancy word for Normal twitching with seems to go hand in hand with anxiety.

willous1
22-04-13, 18:43
Thanks for the reply,

My HA is horrible. I get spasms and twitchen. The twitching on the left side of chest is the most annoying. Im just starting to feel my arms and legs twitching a bit noticably. I dont know if its me concentrationg on it or if its really bad.

willous1
23-04-13, 17:49
Does anyone else get any jolts every now and and then on there left side of the chest quite near the top of the arm. I really notice it as well as other around body. This is the most consistent of my worries.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Also at work today I found out I messed up which I never do. I work on computers and deal with savings. However on one day last month I spoke to two customers on two separate occasions to process a withdrawal but it did not get auctioned. I also send a memo asking to put a direct debit up to 20 pound but instead said by 20 pound. I feel like this is all signs there's problems. Please can someone reply to this and above query. I'm now worried about my job.

willous1
24-04-13, 07:04
Can anyone please reply.

---------- Post added at 07:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 ----------

Could above be due to a brain issue or concentration
I went through this last year about Alzheimer's etc and can't go back yo that. I haven't slept in ages

willous1
24-04-13, 11:19
anyone

xtremx
24-04-13, 13:25
Hi willous1

I get Body Jerks and my right leg is the worst and it is mainly down to posture maybe this could be a problem for you if you are using a computer all day at work..

But at the end of the day you should just go along to the Doctor and have a chat. People on here as you know can only say what they have gone through or what they think it could be.

I reckon it is a mix of stress and bad posture (causing pressure on the nerves).

Hope this helps.. but if you do go to the Doctor Don't Forget everyone is here if you need help..

Magic
24-04-13, 16:37
I have lost a debit card this week. I know it is in the house but cannot find it.ordered another one.
I looked high and low for my mobile phone monday, had my hubby looking in the car late at night only to find I had put it on charge, and I could not remember doing it!!!
I suffer with a lot of stress. I put it down to that.:doh:

RVP
24-04-13, 17:21
Hi I suffer from left eye twitching, any it's only started recently but it hasn't twitched for about 2 weeks because I'm not obessesing over any illness :P and touch wood it stays like that. :)

Cesc
26-04-13, 16:53
Wow, I am so glad to have come across this post, not that I want you to be experiencing these things but because I have exactly the same symptoms!

So I've been twitching for around two years now, sometimes it is noticeable and other times it's not. I find that it is worst when I am stressed although when it first started to happen I thought it was down to far more sinister things as you can imagine.

Recently I have also been mixing up my words, the twitching is really bad at the moment too. I got really really worried about this, especially because it felt as if I had a bit of heavy head, felt dizzy at times too. Again thought it was something really serious and now I am actively looking out for how I speak and whether I am saying things properly!

The other thing I suffer with is pins and needles in right arm (dominant hand) and also sometimes in my legs, as before I thought it was down to something sinister.

A part of me still thinks I have something seriously wrong with me but another part of me is putting it down to anxiety. I really hope it is just anxiety but the constant fear each day is ruining my life so I really do understand your pain. The best advice I can give is to try and distract yourself as best as you can and whatever you do don't google!

Hang in there mate.