PDA

View Full Version : chest and top of the back pain and discomfort

eddy1608
22-04-13, 16:36
hi, just wonderd if anyone else has any chest and back pain constantly. i was diagnosed with bad anxiety around 4 yrs ago and i do worry about my health a lot, i ve had usual tests like ekgs and blood work all normal. few months ago though i was told bad posture could cause chest and ack pain also as i sit hunched over a computer pretty much all day and night but i dont know how true that is so just seeing if other people have had it or know of any one that has.
cheers guys

Mark13
22-04-13, 16:40
Yes, I do. In the neck, upper back and shoulders anyway.

For me it's due to bad posture (hunching towards the PC) and also muscle tension in the neck and shoulders.

I even wake up with neck and shoulder stiffness on occasion.

bibliophilic
22-04-13, 19:19
Ohhh yeah, I have awful pain. Started in February when I coughed really hard and developed a swelling in my throat. Haven't been able to eat much solids since, and about a month ago, I developed the chest/neck/shoulders/upper back pain. It gets rough! I also get these little muscle spasms in my neck which are annoying. I think mine are from bad posture (I spend a lot of time near the computer with no backrest), anxiety (super tension), and possibly nutritional deficiency from not eating. I have heard that magnesium is great for muscle pain and am currently looking for a liquid supplement to see.

flori
22-04-13, 19:21
I get that too. I put it down to being tensed up. I wouldnt worry, when all your tests came back clear.
Take care

VA
22-04-13, 19:24
I get this, I'm always paranoid about a heart attack and have been for a few years now. I get an annoying but not too painful patch on my chest that the causes me to get anxious and gets worse...

Smatthew
23-04-13, 01:13
Wow, I was having a bit of an episode tonight and I just came in and saw this post and though "Are you me!?!?"

I've had the very same for around 7 months now, same everything, chest pain, upper back pain and generally sit hunched in a chair all day long.

Going to have a blood test, ECG and chest XRay on wednesday, I think the DRs purely getting me to do this to stop me worrying what it could be.