PDA

View Full Version : Holidays fears

Hellie90
22-04-13, 19:21
Any one else had a complete fear of going away on holiday?!

I was meant to be flying tomorrow morning but after weeks of panic attacks and anxiety ive had to cancel it due to making myself ill.
Ive lost so much weight cause I havent eaten. Not slept and just generally scared all the time.

I suffered with Depression last year and thought I had over come it but obviously not. Been to the Dr's today and I'm back on the tablets.

Now I know im not going away I'm feeling incrediably guilty. My boyfriends holiday has been ruined and I dont know if we'll be able to work through this or not.
My parents are at their wits end, just sighing at me.

I know the anxiety has brought back my Depression and I feel so weak that i've let myself get so scared and ill over something which was going to be lovely.

I hate myself right now.

H x

Spot-the-frog
22-04-13, 20:07
Don't beat yourself up, it is not your fault that you feel this way. I know how you feel, it's as if you are letting everyone down. I am sure your boyfriend and parents will be understanding, if not they need to learn about depression and anxiety! Try to be kind to yourself. Maybe once your new meds have kicked in and you feel more confident you might be able to go away with your boyfriend? Maybe try somewhere in the UK first - small steps eh?

ElizabethJane
22-04-13, 20:13
I'm sorry that you have had to cancel your holiday because of your anxiety. I hope that you don't lose out financially. Is there a way of postponing the holiday until you are feeling a little better? Is it the anxiety of getting ready or the thought of being away from home if you we're ill? I have found that if I can get over the anticipatory anxiety I can usually do what I want to do? I expect that you are feeling a lot worse because you have had to cancel? Sending hugs. In the past we have had to cancel events because I have been too anxious to attend. I have also had to come home from holiday early because of depression and anxiety so you are not alone. However I am now 90% cured of my depression and anxiety. EJ

chloe83
22-04-13, 21:40
Hi my bf keeps askin me to go on holiday but i jst cant seem to take that step with the panic attacks

Hellie90
22-04-13, 22:07
Thank you for your support. It means so much that someone else understands how I'm feeling.

Yes I have lost out financially sadly and there is no way to rearrange. I think i will take your advice spot the frog and aim for a shorter holiday in the uk for the future. I want to go away, I want to travel these feelings just get in the way.

Elizabeth you hit the nail on the head with anticipatory anxiety. I just expect everything to go wrong. I also expect to be ill and that I won't eat etc.
It gives me hope though that if you can overcome your depression and anxiety I hope I can as well.

Chloe, I hope we can both overcome our panic attacks and get away on break with our boyfriends one day in the future.

H x

chloe83
22-04-13, 22:29
thanks hellie,same to u aswel!dont feel guilty im sure ur boyfriend understands,