PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

Kaytee24
22-04-13, 20:08
Hi, Ive been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder, Ive had it about 6/7 years. I'm 24 and I feel like Ive missed out on my life because ive not been able to do things that I should because of my SAD.
I think the first part was denial and just brushed it off and about a year ago something in me click and I left my job which was the best thing for me because it caused me to have depression which I also suffer from on and off. This was the first step in realizing I have SAD even though Ive been to have 2 different CBT sections. I know now lots of people have it too. I now have a job I love even though its a challenge every day, I want to get better and most of all I want to be able to things because I want to. They're Tiny steps but they are going in the right direction.
I wanted to join a social networking website for people with Anxiety because Ive never spoken to a person like me and I think it will help me further and I hope I can help other too.

hanj16
22-04-13, 21:02
Hi Kaytee,

A big welcome to the site! I suffer with Social Anxiety too and can relate to what you say about feeling like you've missed out in life. AGJ is right you've done so well just to hold down a job, I would really struggle with that right now I think. You have a really positive attitude which is great to see and I'm sure that will serve you well. If you ever need to chat, drop me a message!

Wishing you the best
Hannah :hugs:

Mark13
22-04-13, 22:51
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

StaffordEd
23-04-13, 09:20
Hi kaytee

Welcome.

You have a great positive attitude which is needed to beat this. Stick with CBT because with your mind set you will come through this a stronger person.

Good to hear something positive, which will uplift other readers.

Best wishes.

Ed

Kaytee24
24-04-13, 19:31
Thank you Everyone for making me feel welcome. Very kind of you.

Rockabelle
24-04-13, 21:54
Hi kaytee, I'm new here too, lets hope we both find some common grounds and reassurance with everybody here, it seems very welcoming xx