PDA

View Full Version : Creating symptoms due to anxiety. Please discuss with me.

panicperson
22-04-13, 20:34
Hi all
I suffer from anxiety and in particular, health anxiety!
This all cam about last year following a health scare.
I now find there is one thing after another that I worry about with my health. U went to GP with chest pain and he said it wasn't a PE. Once I returned home I read up on PEs and suddenly I have all the symptoms. I think this may be mind over matter and I wondered if anyone else had these possible phantom pains!? Or if anyone convinces themselves they have a particular illness?
I have (in my head) a PE or Lymphoma.
I wondered of anyone had coping advice?

Nansua
22-04-13, 20:50
Hi , Well Let Me Assure You That Our Mind Is Very Powerful And We Do Create These Symptoms. It's So Hard To BelieVe , They Are Real Symptoms . I Actually Thought I Wasnt Going To Be Able To Go.back To Work With All These Fake Illnesses. But They Are Not Real All.The Tests Are Fine And We Must Believe And Surrender These Thoughts .

panicperson
23-04-13, 19:45
Thanks.
Do you ever get concerned that one day you will actually be ill and either you may dismiss these as anxiety symptoms, or the GP will dismiss them?
When I looked up anxiety symptoms there are so many!!
I also get physical symptoms without consciously knowing I'm anxious (if that makes seance.)

krisdeancooper
23-04-13, 20:03
Doctors are generally pretty good at detecting if there's anything wrong with you. There's telltale looks in the way you sound, the way you look and the symptoms you describe. Many things can be chalked up to anxiety, stress and depression and doctors are trained to recognize whether these symptoms are caused by something serious or something minor. Think about the people around you (family, friends). Are there people who have lived long lives? Possibly some people age 70+? Maybe they even smoke and drink a lot of alcohol? The human body is extremely resillient and I believe even though it's hard for us to grasp the concept, if our bodies have something wrong we would definitely know about it.

panicperson
23-04-13, 21:00
Thanks.
Grandparents died in 70's, one grandma in her 80's.
heart problems are a problem on my side, but usually from 40+.
I just worry incase I do have something wrong as my chest hurts even when I don't think I'm anxious. It's horrible. I think I worry about myself so much it's ruining my life.