PDA

View Full Version : New here

KeeKee
22-04-13, 21:41
Hi Guys,

I've been reading your threads for a little while now and decided to post myself.

I have been getting panic attacks for 7 weeks now (although my doctor prescribed me 40mg Propranolol, once a day and the rapid heartrate, shaking and ice-cold feeling are no longer present).

I've been to A&E twice and nothing sinister is present (naturally).

I also have depression and when I was prescribed Propranolol I was too scared to take them with my Fluoxetine so I stopped taking it for a few weeks which made me feel down as well as panicky. I tearfully revisited the doctors and he said they are 2 very safe medicines and told me I should take them both.

They started working again last week and then on Saturday I started getting multiple palpitations (I have got them for years, ever since I first became depressed, but usually only now and again and once a day when they did decide to occur). I know this is normal, but I was so scared. Then last night I got 4 in a row and spent the whole night thinking I was going to have heart failure. I was desperate for the loo and it took me at least 30 minutes to get the courage to go to the toilet.

Today I had a few again but not as bad as Saturday, incidentally I am due in a few days (time of the month) and am wondering if this is at all related? I know they are normal, but I feel horrible when they occur. I have thought about it from the minute I got up today until right now. Any advice on how to ignore it?

I can no longer take interest in DVD's/TV and the only books that I enjoy are scary (which would worry me more no doubt - although I would be worried for a different reason so may be a good thing).

Its so easy to think logically, the hard part is convincing yourself that you are fine!

I have now had 7 weeks of sleepless nights (I am usually an over-sleeper if that is a word) and am at my wits end. I rang the doctors to make an appointment (mainly for reassurance) and there was no appointments until Monday so I sat and cried to my boyfriend.

Sorry for the rant :whistles:

hanj16
22-04-13, 22:44
Hi Keekee,

A big welcome to the site! I don't have much knowledge of healthy anxiety (I have social anxiety), but I just wanted to say that you are not alone. We are all in the same boat here in one way or another. I'm sure you'll find lots of support and comfort.

Wishing you the very best
Hannah :hugs: