PDA

View Full Version : Severe burning throat after acid reflux really worried

gordie1
22-04-13, 22:18
Hi there

I was lying in bed and I was sleeping and I woke up choking with all this acid coming up into my throat and chest I got up and took gaviscon, milk and omeprazole but my throat and chest feels it is on fire still and I am really worried I will have done some serious damage to it. I had a salmon fillet with lemon and pepper butter for tea I was trying to be healthy and look what happens the salmon has come back on me something awful. Is all that stomach acid coming up into your throat and chest dangerous for you.

illgetthere
22-04-13, 22:51
Hiya think I no just about everything to do with acid I have it in my thtoat as we speak its just nasty and not only that its bloody scary aswell I worry and worry over it I have a hiatus hernia and the acid comes as far up as my nasal passage it's not nice at all along with burning g in my head and face along with some seriously scary chest pains x

Anxiety Jim
23-04-13, 00:10
I get really bad acid reflux, I had an endoscopy a few weeks ago, and I was sure I had a hernia or something similar. But it all came back fine, except that I had 5mm of oesophagitus at the bottom where it meets the stomach, which means it was a little inflamed, I've just got to keep taking omeprazole, and he said (In my case) that losing weight would help.

The worst thing about acid reflux is the burning, gaviscon and omeprazole should help, especially if keep taking them. I still get bouts of bad acid even with taking them, and just have to deal with them.