PDA

View Full Version : Pain under right side of jaw

twinflame94
23-04-13, 04:50
For the past week I'd say, I've been getting pains right under the right side of my jaw. It would hurt without me touching it, or when I do, it hurts a bit badly. I have hypothyroidism as well, could this be a cause of it? There isn't any swelling as far as I could tell, so I have no idea what it could be?

I do have a doc's appointment on Wednesday, so I can ask what the cause could be from. But I just wanted some reassurance until then, and any would be appreciated.

Edit: Would taking mutli vitamins be okay to take with Levothyroxine?

Freaked
23-04-13, 15:03
My mom got this exact thing for a few months. She'd had lymphatic cancer years before so she was particularly worried and it was very painful at times. But nothing showed up in scans and eventually it just went away. It was some sort of neuralgia or benign swelling.

bibliophilic
23-04-13, 16:48
I get that pain a LOT. I think that for me at least, it's some kind of pulled muscle. Do you have any problems with swallowing, or a lump in your throat feeling, or any back or shoulder pain? I have all of those accompanying it. However, thyroid problems do run in my family so I am going to ask for an ultrasound next time I go in.