PDA

View Full Version : Dentist visit - broken tooth

Ventussi
23-04-13, 08:25
I've broken a bit my tooth recently. Just a little. Now I'm afraid it will require root canal, because it doesn't look good... I'm going to the dentist afternoon and I can't ease my mind. I've heard horror stories about root canals. I haven't had one yet and I don't know how it is. Some say it's painless, some say it's a torture.

I can't stop thinking about it. My IBS is turning up :weep: Help...

littleme92
23-04-13, 13:24
I have had two root canals and if you need one you will have the anaesthetic first which will make it numb so you won't feel a thing! I was never in any pain when I had to have root canal treatment. It will probably be sore after the injection wears off but that won't last very long!

Ventussi
23-04-13, 17:06
Ok, so I've come back from the dentist. I was completely numbed and I hardly felt anything but the doc said this tooth was pretty messed up. She drilled a huge part of the tooth, put there a ton of something white and told me to wait till the numbness let go. Then, if it hurts I have to come to her quickly and i'll have to have a root canal, if it doesn't hurt i'll have to wait with this 2 months and then she'll make a normal filling.

Well. let's hope it doesn't require a root canal :weep:

sarahsarah
23-04-13, 17:19
Root canals aren't the most pleasant thing in the world, it's true. But any discomfort felt is a whole lot better than the pain you were getting before. With any luck, it won't come to that anyway xx