PDA

View Full Version : I am going to try not to google now

unsure_about_this
23-04-13, 08:33
I am trying again not to google conditions now, like the doctor said. Or use websites with type of cancer, conditions etc. Since these things could be cause by other things it says.

Its good to be aware of symptoms and keep going back to doctor if you still worried,

I know I am big hypercondriac/hyperchondriac and hypochondriasis and know every doctor in the practise I go to (probably every nurse as well because of the injections I have had)

I probably know more about different types of cancer than before. I am sure I was a doctor in a past life

I am scared that I am dying (I know we all got to die at some point) some younger and some older sadly. Wish would could live forever.

The symptoms and how cancer spreads does freak me out.

Apple81
23-04-13, 18:47
I know how you feel x

Bekzie
23-04-13, 18:53
Good for you google is not a doctor and will not help you, it only makes things worse! I have not googled symptoms since joining this site.

Keep it up :)

unsure_about_this
23-04-13, 21:20
Many thanks

Its going to be very hard to not look at these sites now, or use websites. maybe I should put a block on these websites.

I been to the doctors lot of times more times in my life than when I was a teenager (I had a yearly checkup because of my NF and whether I need brain scans, I should be due for one soon..)

I was okay in 2011, than 2012 boomed, everyday. Its really affect my health and worries. I did try and not google a few weeks ago than my mum wanted to know about a condition, which got me back googling more and more.

I am 29 and should really be enjoying life, eating well, I don't smoke or drink booze, not overweight, I don't have a girlfriend, trying to drink more water, less soda and junk.

unsure_about_this
24-04-13, 21:37
looking at health websites is probably the worst thing I have done on the Internet. Why do I always look at the worst thing, I must have logged all the symptoms in my brain, the types of cancer.

I would have been a nervous wreak if we study this in science cancer and diseases at GCSE level.

My habits are becoming embrassing now spending more time in the bathroom, causing friction for my parents

The cancer adverts before this year used to upset me cancer research, mcmillan these two adverts, plus the bowel cancer advert (I am quite surprised that the stroke fast advert has not got to me yet) as for the heart attack advert with vinnie jones, well that say it is important like all these adverts.