PDA

View Full Version : Chest sensations and everything else!

David_mk09
23-04-13, 09:31
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've posted after my last one in November last year but I really need some advice before I go out of my head.
For weeks now I've had weird chest sensations and become utterly paranoid about them 24/7, I'm convinced I've given myself heart disease or heart failure or maybe emphezema/lung cancer from months of binge eating (after previously losing 5 stone).
I've added up all the symptoms, tiredness, weird aches and pains, light headedness, paranoia and can't be bothered attitude now and on top of the chest sensations I'm convinced I'm dying of something life threatening at the old age of 25!
My friends haven't helped by saying go to A&E as you don't know what's happening and the prospect sent me into a full blown panic attack. My resting heart rate (which strangely doesn't usually go up with anxiety) is 59-61 which I've been told is excellent?
Can someone please give some kind of reassurance it is anxiety as with all these symptoms, you really do struggle believing can it really just be anxiety?

KeeKee
23-04-13, 09:43
Hi,

I myself have been having weird sensations these last few days. I am terrified to get up from the settee in case I faint! I understand they are normal and my doctor knows I get them but I am petrified at the moment. I am 24 and dying is my biggest fear right now!

Ats666
23-04-13, 10:26
I am in exactly the same position as you. I lost 5stone, but since my anxiety started last September I have eaten so much junk that I have put a lot of weight back on. It doesn't help tha the lyrica and zispin that I was prescribed can cause weight gain and I also gave up smoking. I know worry that this as affected my heart. I am now getting palpitations and fast heart rate (although my heart rate is always on the high side). Can't stop worrying. I am 35 an I am so scared of dying :weep: