PDA

View Full Version : Can't shake this fear

Izzie2494
23-04-13, 17:21
Not sure if anyone else experiences this but I have this constant worry I am going to have to be rushed in to an ambulance and taken to hospital where they will find something wrong :weep: even the sound of ambulances scares me!

star68
24-04-13, 11:14
I have a fear about ambulances. They always in my mind, if I get a little symptom the first thing that comes to my mind is an ambulance, me collapsing, people looking and making comments, hospital, death. It's horrible, I understand you fully. I try to ignore the fear but it's so difficult. I only have to see an ambulance rescuing someone and my day is over, I will feel very down and scared. Once my next door neighbour asked me to call an ambulance for his wife, I called straight away but I had a bad panic attack my legs were wobbly, palpitations short of breath, dizziness you name it, I was in a right state, probably from the adrenaline pumping. Next day she was home and fine, and all I coud think of all night was about her dying. Afterwards I felt like a fool i could have had a heart attack with all the worry, but I can't help it. You are not alone and if you need support send me private, it's difficult for us to express our feelings to our nearest and dearest, that's why the forum and its people is the best therapy for us. The feeling that it's a lots of people in this world suffering like we do and of course trying to overcome our fear to die. We are learning to live our lives and one day we will achieve it. :)