PDA

View Full Version : Heart, anyone help please? :(

shaunnajadelle
23-04-13, 22:43
Hello,

For about a week now I have felt an on and off 'poking' and sometimes 'fluttering' pain in my chest on the centre/left hand side, every day it comes and goes. It's not very painful at all but i am aware of it happening.

I do usually suffer from health anxiety but I do not feel anxious lately as if it only occurred one day I would put it down to anxiety chest pain..

Additional info, I am 21 years old, female, not overweight and otherwise healthy. I asked the doctor the other day and she said my chest sounds clear but it continues to get this poking pain :( Should I be more concerned and go back to another doctor?

Has anybody else had this? Can chest pain like this not be something serious? Really worried :(

Freaked
24-04-13, 02:33
I'm no doctor, but from all the obsessive heart research I've been doing lately (sigh), I don't think you have much to worry about. Those sorts of pains are common with anxiety, even if you're not actually anxious at the time. That's what gets people; it seems so strange that symptoms can just come out of the blue, but I study psychology and they totally can. If it makes you feel any better, I've been getting all sorts of worrying chest stuff, and they haven't found anything strange (touch wood). The poking sensation is very common with anxiety and the fluttering, depending what you mean, is probably either a sort of palpitation or a quivering nerve or muscle, all common symptoms.

KeeKee
24-04-13, 10:05
I get this too and absolutely hate it. Think it has set my panic right off again and my heart feels as though it's pounding (which it hasn't for weeks). Ive taken Propranolol hope it kicks in soon.

shaunnajadelle
24-04-13, 22:10
Thank you for the reply guys :) Really appreciated xxx