PDA

View Full Version : IBS getting to me and sill that fear of bc

unsure_about_this
24-04-13, 08:11
Hi again, once again fear.

My IBS is cocerning me and friction between the family.

With my fears about bowel cancer still fresh and on going.I do take Fybergel and buscopan.

I don't get bleeding from whilst wiping, I cannot see blood in stools but not been tested my stool yet. I had ultrasound, doctor had a good feel round my abdnominal everytime I go down for appoinment and rectal felt.

That blood test I had which the doctor did for me, came back clear, surely something would have shown if there was a problem like if I was anemia or something wrong with my blood.

I dont feel bloated or being sick. I am sleeping well, I don't want to sleep during the day. I do feel anxiety at times.

I been told not to look at my poo for too long.

It these abdominal pains which are concerning me the tablets seem to help. I am frightened. I might have to change my diet and rule out things.

Reading things like on daily mail does frighten me (even though I have tried to stop doing this now) I have seen at least ten different articles about bc.

flori
24-04-13, 09:07
I`m certain the ultra sound would have shown up some abnormality. Your blood test came back clear which is good.
I got an ultra sound last year for indigestion problems and a lump showed up on my pancreas. I was then sent for ct scan which, thank God, only showed simple fatty lump.
So I would try not to worry. I am sure it is IBS.

unsure_about_this
24-04-13, 13:43
Many thanks for you words.

I am still scared of people being fobbed off even though I had some tests done. I had read more stories about bowel cancer today, even though I am trying not to.

flori
24-04-13, 23:35
I read up on lump on the pancreas too. The worst thing I ever did. After the lump showed up on the ultra sound, the consultant had to warn me there was a possibility it could be cancer. In total I waited 7 weeks to get the good news it was only a fatty lump. I really did think the worse and was a nervous wreck.
Please try not to worry because if they had suspected anything serious, believe me the doc would have told you.
Take care and relax.

countrygirl
25-04-13, 20:29
YOu could ask to be referred for a sigmoidoscopy although as Nicola has said it is not a pleasant test, I have just had one today.
Basically if you have no polyps or anything in this test then it is extremely unlikley that you will have any in the rest of your bowel. If you are not anaemic either then that again is a good sign re bowel cancer.

unsure_about_this
25-04-13, 21:31
many thanks, or a colonscopy. This bc fear has really got to me, started in January 2012 with my Dad doing his sample, reading about it on the Internet. spending far too long looking at my poo. also the television advert you know the one being played in the UK.

Its the Daily Mail articles under 30 which worry me. In fact all bc articles scared me. I am 29.
I am not myself these days.

I worried how often I go to the loo (It seems regularly for me) When I do go for poos it not like it five times per days, normal for me a few times per week. also size as well. I can feel a lot of rubbish/wind in me. I am scared about having bc incase the doctors miss by not testing me for something like my poo. All the time I go to the doctors please don't rule out my age, I asked how rare bc is for someone my age, we got no family history which must be good, but still scary because I have read articles on daily mail where there have been no family history for my age up (of course reading these things I been told is a no go for me.)

(I foolish read more things about bowel cancer on daily mail, whoops a few articles which have scared me.) been crying because of my adbominal pain

This IBS is relly scary at times, I also worry is it crohns or something similar. This bowel cancer advert has put the fear in me, but know it is important.

unsure_about_this
26-04-13, 14:25
Its also rectal cancer as well, have a big worry as well. I also try to take great care when wiping. I only had one rectal exam so far (probably had them done when I was a baby, but I don't remember this)
This colon cancer fear has probably brought my IBS on. I am still someone soon to help me.