PDA

View Full Version : Please help (Just eaten plastic)

willous1
24-04-13, 13:25
Please dont laugh as this is really serious to me. I have just left work because of this. I have just eaten a jacket potatoe with a plastic fork and a small tine came off. It was about half of the sharp bit at top if that makes sense. I definately ate it as ate a bit of the potatoe in whole.

I now am making myself feel ill and I swear my neck feels funny when I breath in. What is the worse that can happen. I cant go to the hospital as it will put me back months in terms of me getting better.

KeeKee
24-04-13, 13:34
You'll be fine! I've eaten small bits of foil off pot noodles an all sorts :-)

willous1
24-04-13, 13:36
Thank you KeeKee, it's just that I have been on google and read things about needing operations and the part not passing through. I can't stop being upset.

Bekzie
24-04-13, 13:37
You will be fine! it will pass through naturally. Try not to get worked up about it because that is what is causing your funny feeling. The people/company who make the forks will have had to take into account the fact that this could happen and I bet it happens a lot, so don't worry yourself :hugs:

willous1
24-04-13, 13:39
Thank you Beksie, I hope so. I really hate HA. I hate google as well. If I didn't read that I would be okay now but some stories are horrible.

Bekzie
24-04-13, 13:42
Google is my enemy too lol, I haven't used it for symptoms since joining this site. Ha is awful but we can beat it willous :)

cattia
24-04-13, 13:53
Hi there,
I have small kids and they have eaten all sorts, even small stones in the garden! They have always been fine. Don't worry, it will pass through on its own.

willous1
24-04-13, 14:48
Thanks Cattia. Every little thing becomes a big deal with me and since it happened my chest has become tighter towards neck and I feel weird. Its probably the thinking thats done it but I cant help but always think the worse. Surely it happens all the time? I just want to cure HA.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

I need to stop googling, if you type in (just eating top of plastic fork) there are some horrific things. I am going to stop now. Should I go doctors or am I just being silly. Nothing is stuck in my throat I think. Just finding it harder to breath as tigh mostly near neck.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Would anyone here call doctors/

Bekzie
24-04-13, 15:06
I wouldn't call the doctors, if its really worrying you try calling NHS direct, they will put your mind at rest. Forget google exists for things like this you will be fine :hugs:

willous1
24-04-13, 15:50
Thanks Beksie, I feel like a freak sometimes but dont have anyone that I can talk to about my HA. My partner thinks im mad if I do and my family and friends dont know. I am just going to forget about it and think logically. It did not get stuck. Do you think if I feel fine in a couple of days then it would have passed?

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

I have just called the NHS helpline and they told me to go A&E AS ITS A FOREIGN BODY. wHAT THE HELL?

Bekzie
24-04-13, 15:56
No way really??? people swallow things all the time and don't need to go to A&E thats crazy!!! Let me know how you get on :hugs:

willous1
24-04-13, 16:17
Thanks. I hope I'm not in there long cause my anxiety is horrible when in hospitals.

Bekzie
24-04-13, 16:23
You will be fine, this time mid week it shouldn't be busy. Tell them you have anxiety and they do their best to keep you calm :bighug:

Hypo
24-04-13, 21:52
I can't believe they sent you to A&E for swallowing a tiny bit of plastic???

My kids have done it loads and the nurse said it was no big deal unless they were choking.

I think they may have sent you if they sensed you were anxious.

lizzie29
24-04-13, 22:18
Yeah my nephew swallowed a playmobil piece and was fine! You were probably breathless due to getting anxious about it. Are you back yet? Hope you're okay.

LauraJF
24-04-13, 22:24
I would be worried too so I know how you feel. Not to compare you to a dog but when my Sophie eats things like chicken bones and light bulbs I give her a piece of bread. I read that it will coat any pieces that are in her belly and help her to pass them. It would probably work for us too so eat a piece of bread and try not to worry. :hugs:

Please dont laugh as this is really serious to me. I have just left work because of this. I have just eaten a jacket potatoe with a plastic fork and a small tine came off. It was about half of the sharp bit at top if that makes sense. I definately ate it as ate a bit of the potatoe in whole.

I now am making myself feel ill and I swear my neck feels funny when I breath in. What is the worse that can happen. I cant go to the hospital as it will put me back months in terms of me getting better.

I just noticed you went to the hospital. I hope everything went well.

willous1
25-04-13, 13:33
Hi everyone. Thank you for your kind replies. On the way to a & e I called my doctors to see of they could advice me. They were shocked what the nhl helpline told me to go to a & e and said I would be done unless start feeling worse. I feel okay now and am back to worrying about other things. Thanks again

Bekzie
25-04-13, 13:43
Glad your feeling ok now, like the others have said I can't believe they told you to go to A&E, I thought the NHS helpline would just put your mind at rest, I never for one second thought they would worry you like that :hugs: