PDA

View Full Version : heart rate - iknow another please read.

potts1
23-09-06, 09:47
hello everyone some may know me from the chat room but i just wanted to know of what you thiught of this . i have been on citalopram about 6 weeks 2weeks on 20mg then 4 on 4omg i have got a lot better in myself happier even applied for a new job even though i get like fainting spells i dont actually faint but i fell it i have coped ok def better . anyway went to docs yesterday and was a bit nervous but ok and my pulse was 137 the higest it has been this time round bp was fine i have had a 24 hour ecg 3 years ago and a ecg at docs 7 weeks ago .my doc is not worried says i induce it she did it again before i went and it was 114 so it did come down i do have heart problems in my dads family do u think i should push 4 a another 24 hour ecg . many thanks xx

m potts

matilda
23-09-06, 12:03
Hi Potts! Does your doc know about your family history and also it doesnt have to be hereditory does it. My gramps died of a bad heart but it was caused by rhumatic fever when he was 14!!! I am sure your doc would give you another ecg if they were worried!!! Take care and pm me if need be!!!

Piglet
23-09-06, 12:44
Given that you had an egc only 7 weeks ago and presumably this was fine then I can see why your doctor wouldn't feel the need to repeat this or be concerned.

It is totally usual for our heart rate to incease when we are at the doctors and believe me mine has gone way higher than 137 before now!

If it is going to worry you then I would make another appt purely to put your mind at rest so the doctor can reassure you.

If the doctor had any concerns then I think she would have said so wouldn't she?

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

honeybee3939
23-09-06, 14:11
Hi Potts

My pulse was higher than 125 last time i went to the docs, i have purchased a BP Monitor from Lloyds chemist and been testing it my self at home. It is between 68 and 75 when im at home in my own surroundings. Some one on this site told me about White Coat Syndrome which happens when you visit the doctors to have your BP taken. Try not to worry im sure you are fine.

Love

Andrea
xxxx