PDA

View Full Version : relationship and abandonment/rejection anxiety

Jeffro
24-04-13, 17:00
Hello All

Just wondered if anyone has any similar issues they are dealing with, I have been having therapy after dealing with some serious anxiety and fear when getting into and breaking up from relationships, the anxiety and fear is horrendous when it comes and due to a succession of serious but failed relationships over the past few years it has been quite a frequent visitor!! Therapy has been excellent in isolating the route cause, which was my mum running off with my dads best friend and leaving us when i was 16. I was REALLY close to my mum, and although i didnt realize it at the time it has caused me serious anxiety issues when it comes to relationships, and dealing with rejection etc... Anyway, i broke up with my girlfriend recently, the whole way through the relationship i was anxious to varying degrees but once we split it went hardcore!!! 3 months ago and since then i have been having periods of feeling ok then massive waves of anxiety, sadness and fear, worse than i think ive evr dealt with. Each time it comes it feels like its the end of me! Im guessing its just my fears of being left alone kicking in and im hoping it will eventually subside but at times i feel like im doomed to be like this forever and my brain is broken!!! I was just wondering if anyone else has similar issues or words of wisdom when it comes to abandonment issues and coping with the feelings it brings up.