PDA

View Full Version : does any one know????

matilda
23-09-06, 11:26
I havent felt right for at least 5 or 6 weeks now. At first it was right sided pain and sciatica, then my bowels started and now my neck has joined in allong with a feeling like something is blocking my throat.

At first i felt really anxious but i no longer feel i have some dreadful illness so shouldnt my symptoms settle. I am still stressed as i am snapping at people and think some symptoms may be linked to my period (which was early this month).

I know i am rambling a bit but has any one got any advice???

lainey
23-09-06, 11:40
Hi Matilda

These are all symptoms of anxiety chuck.
Have you tried any relaxation techniques as it sounds as if you are very tense and this could be what is causing all the symptoms.
Try a nice soak in a bubbly , hot bath preferably with lavender oil in it.

Have you been to the home pageand read up on first steps and symptoms, it does really help to read them.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

matilda
23-09-06, 11:45
Thanks Lainey i am waiting to start CBT at mo but the silly thing is i dont feel as stressed. I can even laugth about it!!!

lainey
23-09-06, 12:27
Hi Matilda

I get symptoms even when I don't feel anxious, which then starts making me panic. It's a vicious circle isn't it. At least you can laugh about it which is a good thing.
Good luck with the CBT.

Take care

Elaine x

potts1
23-09-06, 12:59
matilda hi hun im waiting for cbt . the waiting list where i am is five months only four left to go ha ha . but where ever your most worried about on your body the anxiety will play u up there and make symptoms ten times worse . for me i can live with anything other than the thought of a sudden death and my heart is where it plays with me. just try telling yourself its playing with you trying to find new thing wrong in that area of your body easier said than done i know . pm me sometime it will be good to chat . melissa xxxxx

m potts

vernon
23-09-06, 17:12
All these feelings are normal with anxiety, they will subside though. Its when I feel most relax and no problems I have the high anxiety too. Potts I have started CBT here in Coventry, It took about two years to get to the first phase, Here they have 3 phases, 1 like an interveiw which i done, 2 Anxiet and mental education which I done and phase 3 still waiting was offered a place next week but once again someone is off sick and i have to wait again. So up to now been waiting over 3 years lol. Take care. Vernon

Louise
23-09-06, 18:13
Hi there, can I please just say that whilst anxiety isn't helping matters, if you have sciatic pain please see a chiro or an osteopath. YOU WILL BE FINE, but the bowel problem is a classic sympton with sciatica as they are so close together in the body. I have occasional back problems and had sciatica a couple of years ago quite badly but I had treatment by an osteo which was succesful. I would say get it checked out just to be safe.

matilda
23-09-06, 19:10
its not that bad just annoying youve scared me now!!!

Insomniac
24-09-06, 11:30
Hi Matilda.

It really is anxiety. My symptoms start long before I realise I'm actually feeling anxious! My throat or chest will tighten and I feel uncomfortable. Then I realise I'm getting anxious. Sometimes this makes me feel worse because I wonder how bad this one will be. But most of the time if I start to concentrate straight away on relaxation and breathing exercises I'm can fend it off. [8D]

Lisa.

Lindalou64
24-09-06, 13:30
so your not feeling stressed do you suffer with neck and back pain.......i know i do....but its from injury.......had 2 disk out already have 2 more now i think i need more .......but im just going along cause i really not up to surgery again right now but if that pain continues like that sciatica see your doc i know its very very painful....wish ya the best.........Linda[8D] oh not sayin ya need surgery just saying maybe ya doc can give u a imaflamtory pills and some pain meds...

MissBehavin
24-09-06, 19:52
Ive had all those symptoms before. The latest one is the bowels. Only ever had the runs (sorry cant spell the proper word) a couple of times since i was a kid up until 7 or 8 weeks ago, but get it ATLEAST once a week now for no apparent reason. I too dont feel too stressed at the moment, well, didnt. This anxiety thing plays havok with the body.
C xx

Pete to win Big Brother 7

maynooth
24-09-06, 20:54
Hi the blocked up feeling in your throat is called the globus hystericus(im not sure if the spellings right) which is latin for the hysterical lump.Basically this is caused by tension in the throat muscles due to adrenaline acting directly on muscles.Bowel problems are also anxiety related.The nervous system controls the functioning of your bowels.When your nervous system is overactive it is unable to accurately register your bowels capacity.Meaning when your bowels are only half full your nervous system may think it is full etc so you feel the need to go to the toilet.Both these symptoms are anxiety related but of course to be sure and to give yourself peace of mind you should consult your doctor.Jon

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"

tnt808
24-09-06, 21:52
Matilda,

It very well could be stress as well as your period. Quite possibly both too. Try and relax and take things as they come. I too suffered w/sciatica it is and can be very painful and annoying. I didn't have any treatment done it eventually subsided still w/the occassional flare up...but for the most part it's okay. I really think you will be okay hun, and people are just saying to go get checked out more for you to be at ease.

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina