PDA

View Full Version : Scared

Ats666
24-04-13, 19:52
Why am I so scared all the time??? I'm getting palpitations and everyone I get I'm panicking. I'm checking my pulse constantly on a stupid app on my phone. What if its my heart??? I'm driving myself mad, what can I do :weep:

KeeKee
24-04-13, 19:56
I am currently in the same situation. I have checked my pulse countless times today and although a little fast, its a normal rhythm. This morning I was so scared I actually thought I was poorly, felt like I was going to be sick and couldn't move but an hour or so later I was fine and am not poorly.
Its a horrible feeling Ive felt this way since Saturday when my palpitations came back. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do about it. I have just been looking at clothes online (as us girls do!) and had a nice bath. My mind is on it constantly but they are a very common symptom of anxiety, even the NHS website states that.

Ats666
24-04-13, 20:03
Thanks for your reply I have had palpitations on and off for about 19 months but they came on about a week ago quite bad sending me into a right panic to the point that I went to a&e. I've been taking propranolol which is helping but with every flutter I'm panicking I really hate feeling like this x

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

How often are your palpitations x

KeeKee
24-04-13, 20:07
I would say I have about 1 a day normally, but on Saturday they came more frequently and I had 4 in a row at one point. Then on Sunday and Monday they were more frequent but as my partner reassured me more they have subsided and I only get 1 or 2 a day and they are tiny, kind of like a muscle twitch.
Could you not go to the doctors just for reassurance? Its what I've been doing since I became ridiculously anxious (7 weeks ago).

Ats666
24-04-13, 20:25
I went to the doctor on Monday, he recommended bloods which I had yesterday to see if I was anaemic or if there was a problem with my thyroid as my heart rate was high, but to be honest it's been high for years. I've cut out caffeine since yesterday as I did consume a lot I'm just so worried its my heart and I'm going to leave my kids with no mother :(

sarahsarah
24-04-13, 22:49
First thing to do is delete the app!

I have become a pulse-checker recently after noticing ectopic beats. I have had them before but never thought to check my pulse. Now if my heart beats faster than 60-70 bpm, I panic, therefore sending it even faster. The mad thing is, I know it is supposed to vary during the day depending on what you're doing or what you have eaten etc. I also read about all beats having to be of the same strength and a couple of times they haven't been, though this could easily be that my finger has moved or I am pressing down harder - I am hardly using a scientific method to calculate it.

Hopefully when your bloods come back, you'll relax a bit and stop feeling so nervous and that will ease your palps too xx

flori
24-04-13, 23:22
I also get very fast heartbeats through anxiety. Its one of the most frightening things I have ever experienced. And the more you worry the faster they become. I really feel for all who suffer.

Take care all.