PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumor Scare

ScheifferB
24-04-13, 21:39
So recently I've been worrying completely about everything being related to a Brain Tumor. I'm a voice actor so I'm working in dark indoor environments a lot, but when I do get time to go out (like today for example) I have a lot of floaters in my eye which has immediately set me off thinking I have a brain tumour, I'm also experiencing some dull aches in the back of my neck/head, but I think this may to do with whip lash I never had checked out nearly 8 months ago.

I'm almost too worried to get it checked :weep:

sarahsarah
24-04-13, 22:27
Floaters are harmless. I first noticed mine about 15 years ago and I am still here- they haven't got any worse and they haven't caused any other problems. I don't really notice them these days, unless I look at a white wall when it is sunny or similar (not very often!) The vision disturbances connected to brain tumours are quite distinctive from floaters. I don't advise you Google any of those as that rarely does anyone on here any good. However, trust me when I say brain tumour vision symptoms are different.

The head and neck aches are unrelated to any floaters you might have. I think those complaints are definitely something the vast majority of us suffer from on occasion and can have many causes (and sometimes no cause at all, really) It could be the whiplash or it could be something else. It could certainly be caused by anxiety over the floaters. If you manage to stop worrying about the floaters, there's a good chance the aches will let up too.

Voice actor sounds like an interesting line of work. I did some voice work when I lived overseas and and it was long days and damn hard work.

Hope you feel better soon xx

ScheifferB
24-04-13, 22:48
Thanks for the reply Sarah! That's put my mind at a huge ease. I do think the headaches could be related to needing glasses, so I'll book an eye test.

In regards to the voice acting, YES! it's a lot harder than it sounds and looks :)

Lilharry
24-04-13, 23:27
I have tons of floaters too and notice them more when I'm tired or stressed out. They're completely harmless. Book an eye test and they will put your mind at ease about the floaters.

katielou80
25-04-13, 07:57
im 32 and i have tons and tons of floaters, some months worse than others! my mums a huge sufferer too and the opticians said they are healthy. she couldnt even drive as she has so many x

xCryonic
25-04-13, 08:56
I too have floaters, I've had the as long as I can remember, that long that I thought that everyone has them and it's perfectly normal. Never caused any harm, at one point I was kinda worried and didn't even know what they were or what they we're called.

But nowadays I'm not even concerned and I have read about them.