PDA

View Full Version : New to nmp

S6lad78
24-04-13, 22:02
Hi joined the site yesterday I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks possibly due to long term cannibis use (which I always considered to be a harmless soft drug) I have been prescribed citalopram,diazapam and beta blockers which I have been taking for the last 3 days and to be honest I feel worse at the moment is this normal?? Should I stop taking the meds??

RAG
26-04-13, 00:03
Speak to your doctor and try to develop 'coping mechanisms' that work for you. If you've recently stopped smoking cannabis after years of use and have just started taking an antidepressant, that chances are these effect are 'normal'. However, trust your instincts and speak to your doctor.
Good luck :)

Annie0904
26-04-13, 09:43
Hi :welcome:

Bekzie
26-04-13, 10:24
Hi and :welcome:

I agree with rag here, if you are worried speak to your doctor

Mark13
26-04-13, 17:29
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

As for the meds, citalopram can take a while to feel any benefit and with most SSRIs you can get worse before you get better.

If I were you I'd stick with the citalopram for now unless of course the side effects become unbearable.

flori
26-04-13, 18:09
Hi :welcome:

katyjohnstone
26-04-13, 19:29
the meds take a time to work and can sometimes make you feel worse before better but you will get better stick with the meds you will soon feel different youn have the dizapam and beta blockers if things get to hard i am here if you need to talk please pm me take care