PDA

View Full Version : Brain cancer/tumors

unsure_about_this
25-04-13, 13:32
Here we go with another fear, been foolish over the last few years of googling like mad about BT, reading more stories about BT on the Internet.

I fear sorry for those who are worrying about BT and going through finding out their do have BT and go through treatment. l

(it seems like a really fear about cancer and just cannot accept that if is happens it happens)

I do have NF and read on the internet a slight increased of risk of brain tumor and well as other cancers (the NF I cannot do anything about nor probably the chance of BT) and some things I cannot control because I have not been told much about NF only through the Internet
this adds to my other fears bowel cancer and every other cancer there is.

I got refer to a brain scan when I was 10 because the eye doctor saw something he did not like, luckly nothing serious (probably be there from birth, but none of the other eye doctors picked it up) and had a few since.

I don't get many headaches only when I spend a little bit too much time on PC. (I always asked by the doctor/eye doctor about headaches and other symptom. Never had a seizure.
I have never been throwing up, the last time I threw up when I was 11 food poisioning.

I went to the eye doctor in January because I was concerned about my eye sight and BT. nothing was found (surely the eye doctor would have found something if there was a problem.

I am a big hypercondriac who worries no stop 24/7. If I could I would live right next door to the doctors practise.
I am scared of every cancer and every disease in the world, symptoms scared me. My parents say I will either sent myself into a early grave or becoming very ill with are this stress worrying about cancer, disease.

Why can't I be not scared of everything and always jump the worst thing it could be. The doctors must think I am right crank, even though there have sent me for tests and nothing have shown.

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

I do fear lung cancer, even though I don't smoke (I should not be reading things online how cancer spreads)
even though nobody in the family has it. My Dad smokes so worry he might get lung cancer

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 13:48
Are you getting any therapy like CBT for the Health Anxiety ?

unsure_about_this
25-04-13, 19:37
I think I do need something like CBT, the doctor is sending me hopefully in a couple of weeks time to speak to someone about my HA, from 2012 to 2013 its be worrying non stop (my parents must be fed up with it)

healthanxietygirl
25-04-13, 19:57
im the exact same, worried sick about having a BT but all i hear is 'its anxiety'
what is CBT..?