PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone on a workplace health insurance scheme? Will they accept me?

FR14
25-04-13, 12:38
I'm reallllly trying to be good by not coming on here as much and I havent been for a week, so woop woop me!

However, I do have one question regarding Private Health Insurance (in particular, Bupa).

My workplace offer a scheme which means I would only have to pay £9 a month for Bupa Health Insurance. Of coures, I would like to do this as I think its worthy... However you have to tick all the health problems you have had in the past five years and one of them is anxiety (of which I have, health in particular).

Does anyone know if they will still accpet me or is there is any ruling on this?

Thanks

FR x

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 13:49
They should still accept you

clio51
25-04-13, 14:01
Hi

I have private health insurance not with bupa though.

You have to declare everything otherwise if they contact your doctor it will be invalid if you ever need treatment for that particular ailment.

They will take you on, but the anxiety will not be covered it's an existing condition and if you take meds for that condition this also counts.

I think when I rang them if you have an existing condition and your med free and been free from the condition for 2 years I think they said you are covered for the condition again.

You could always ring them bupa and ask about existing condition and there policy on it.

Ps this seems very cheap as we pay £158 mth for 3 of us obviously age counts we are 55,56,23
So just ask whet type of cover are you getting for your money.ask the person who is doing it.

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 14:03
Clio - some will take you on with pre-existing conditions.

I have Crohn's and I was accepted with that.

clio51
25-04-13, 14:12
Hi Nicola

Is that with bupa? As I have ins, but it only covers up to £1000 for anxiety/depression.

When I starting ringing round hula told me if I was on meds for that condition then I wasn't covered for it ie anxiety/depression but everything else.

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 14:38
Ummmm I am trying to think who it was. I don't have it now cos I was made redundant from the job. It will come to me lol

PPP I think it was

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 14:39
Clio - when you do it through work you only have to pay the tax on it - the company pay the bulk of the payments to BUPA

FR14
25-04-13, 16:52
Thanks for this.

Yes this is right, I will only pay the tax, work will pay the rest.

:) Thanks for your help.

x