PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety is back.

WarehouseWorker
25-04-13, 18:56
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice really, I've been a member of this forum for 2 years, I find the people on here helpful and very nice to speak to.

Yesterday an old panic of mine cropped back up. Around a year ago I posted a thread, basically I fount a tiny bump in the right side of my neck, when I say side I mean below the earlobe towards my hairline not throat.

Now a year later its still there! The exact same size, same place. Its hard to find unless I bend my head to the side, its around 0.7cm.

I'm in a sudden panic and the attacks are back. I'm worried its something to do with the big C. However I am showing no symptoms of anything, weight been the same, energetic, always working only sleep 6 hours a night.

If it was cancer / lymphoma would the bump have grew by now.

Any replies would do me so much.

Thanks guys. Love you all!

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 19:01
A lymph node that never goes - yup had one of those for years.

It is very common for them to stay for years.

WarehouseWorker
25-04-13, 19:04
We have something in common :).

Thank you for the swift reply, I appreciate it so much.

If the lymph node was malignant would it have grown a little by now?

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 19:41
I think you would have other symptoms as well if it was serious.

You could ask the doc to do some blood tests just to check things but I am sure it will be nothing serious.

nomorepanic
25-04-13, 19:43
Try this post as well:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43752

There are loads of others as well

xfilme
28-04-13, 15:10
Maybe your health anxiety has flared up again because subconsciously you have accidentally gone through a body checking process, which is very common. You may have no concerns about it, but then felt it again after a long period of no worry has passed, and it's retriggered your initial fear. A good way to solve this happening in the future is to go to the doc, for no other reason than to have someone tell you its nothing, so in future if you touch it, it wont reignite your health anxiety as youve already had it checked. It doesnt sound like anything serious at all, but if you wish to get rid of long term health anxiety, you have to remove the possibility of the worry about what it is popping its head up in the future and acting as a setback. x