PDA

View Full Version : I actually dyed my hair!!

almamatters
25-04-13, 19:25
Hi just wanted to post that after a year and a half of extreme anxiety over hair dye, I have actually did it today. It was only a dye that lasts for 6 to 8 washes and the colour is not that noticeable but at least I managed to put it on and keep it on for 20 mins without panicking too much. I am slightly worried about delayed reaction and not reacting till tomorrow but for now feel fairly calm. Thanks to all who gave me encouragement :flowers:

healthanxietygirl
25-04-13, 19:54
i also worry about dying my hair and my hair is blonde and i have huge roots but im to scared to die my hair, what is it you worry about ??

almamatters
25-04-13, 20:01
i also worry about dying my hair and my hair is blonde and i have huge roots but im to scared to die my hair, what is it you worry about ??

My worry is having a huge allergic reaction , I read a few articles last year and even though I had been dying my hair for 15 years at least was so scared I have not dyed it for a year and a half. I have been doing allergy tests obsessively it was almost like I was looking for problems. Have you though about just having highlights so it does not touch the scalp? I did this earlier this year and was fine but I can't afford to keep having it done by the hairdresser. What worries you most about dyeing your hair?

healthanxietygirl
25-04-13, 20:16
honestly thought i was the only person.
well i constantly worry about having a brain tumour and the thought of bleaching my hair on top of that worries me alot, 'what if it effects it and makes it worse?' even though its just anxiety about the whole thing,

i also worry about alergic reactions

next time im going for highlights :)

Bekzie
25-04-13, 20:26
Thats great Alma well done :)

bab
25-04-13, 21:46
Amazing Alma - be v proud x

Lilharry
26-04-13, 02:19
Go you! That's great news!

xCryonic
26-04-13, 06:31
To everyone if you feel anxious about the hair dye allergies, you can do the "hair dye allergy test" by yourself too!

Remove earrings. Behind the ear and using a cotton bud, apply a little of the unmixed colourant product sufficient to cover an area the size of a penny
(1 – 2cm²)
Re-apply two or three times allowing it to dry between each application. Carefully reseal the colourant container
Leave for 48 hours without washing, covering or touching
If during this period you notice any abnormal reactions – such as itching, redness or swelling in or around the test area, do not apply the product

almamatters
26-04-13, 06:36
Hi thank you all :hugs:

Magic
26-04-13, 08:18
Good one almermatters. I dyed my hair about 3 weeks ago. I had no reaction.
The thing is-- no one liked it, so i am trying my best to wash it out.
It was perminant dye, so it will take a while to get natural colour back.
I am using a dandruff shampoo at the moment.:)

mrslala
24-06-13, 22:04
yay so pleased for you alma!! I still cannot cope with this :(
i wonder if we did it with a cap whether it would be ok? Well done for doing the dye though bet you feel SOmuch better :) !!!
I am really scared of having a bad reaction like you are too... i have a ridiculous fear and look terrible for it :( hate that all my friends and family dye it without a care!!
my friend is so allergic to hair dye but still does it with a comb so it doesnt touch her scalp :-O she isnt scareD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 xxxxx

almamatters
25-06-13, 07:23
It is horrible to be as scared as we are Mrslala and no amount of allergy tests will reassure , I do tests every week, have no reaction, but then think will just double check and do yet another one!! Dyeing my hair used to be no problem but I have been like this for ages now. I am safe to have highlights but can't afford to keep having them done and I prefer it when I can have an all over colour. I still experimenting with the temporary ones but they don't make a lot of difference to my colour and you have to use them weekly. Take care, let us know how you go on if you decide to use the cap. :hugs:xxx

Trixie
25-06-13, 17:16
I don't suppose this will help but I have been dying my hair since I was 20 and I am 61. Now I get the hairdresser to do it for me.