PDA

View Full Version : Slight sore throat on and off !?

lashes
25-04-13, 20:35
Hi everyone I'm gettin pretty worked up I keep gettin a very slight sore throat it dosent particularly hurt but I can feel something when I swallow the doctors don't seem to listen when u mentioned it I feel like as I'm there for anxiety they think I'm just being anxious about nothing I will get it for a couple of months then it goes and I hadn't had it for a few months up until now again can anyone give me any advice ? Anything to try ? And could it be serious ?x

healthanxietygirl
25-04-13, 20:54
hi if you feel under your jaw on your neck area etc can you feel your glands..? if they feel like balls its just a sore throat and swollen glands, feels like a lump in your throat etc

dont worry :):)

Mogwog
26-04-13, 09:45
I have this at the moment - my throat feels dry and strange on one side and has done on and off for 2 weeks. I spoke to my dr about it and she said that post nasal drip or allergies can cause a sore throat. I also have a blocked Eustachian tube apparently which I am hoping is making my throat feel weird. Like you I am worried too.
I don't think its serious.xxxxxx

Cesc
26-04-13, 15:36
Hi,

I'm going through this too. Every time I ask someone they say it's just a result of the weather but the fact it has gone on for so long points to something else! So I decided to see my GP, she looked at my throat and said it was fine, nothing to worry about. However, I still have this dry throat, it doesn't stop me swallowing and I don't have a cough but it's really annoying, also worse first thing in the morning.

I'm currently trying to drink lots of water as I think it might be as a result of dehydration, also my GP said if you breathe trhough your mouth when you sleep then that can cause this too. Ultimately as ever I was told nothing is wrong, just anxiety, something known as globus hystericus.

lashes
26-04-13, 17:21
Thanks everyone nice to know I'm not the only one ! I've decided to stop smoking as I've been smoking a lot recently and I don't know if smoking can give you a sore throat but I really want to stop anyway thinking of trying the electronic cigarettes x