PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be rational

Dan21
23-09-06, 20:27
Hi.

I have had a really tense neck over the past few weeks and have recently had a tingle in my left hand. No pain or anything, not even what you could call pins and needles. So, my mind started racing, STROKE or Heart PROB!!!!!!!

Now, I've tried to reign in my racing mind and am really trying to look logically on things. And, I have started to think it could be a trapped nerve in my neck or something along those lines. Trying to be cool with this latest symptom.

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

brenda
23-09-06, 21:15
Yep could be trapped nerve in your neck or your wrist. I get pins and needles if I spend too long on the 'puter

Might be that
Hugs
Pam x

Lisa_7
24-09-06, 13:04
Hi dan, i also had this feeling at the start of my anxiety especially in my left hand, which i thought i was having heart problems. Sometimes it would feel really cold and i also got this in my feet. I think it has to do with anxiety so try not to worry about it too much.

Lisa

Insomniac
24-09-06, 16:49
Hi Dan

Tingling and neck and chest pain are common symptoms of anxiety. I often have aching neck or tightness in my chest. This used to make me feel more anxious because I thought it meant I wouldn't be able to breathe. But now I have learnt that its the adrenaline and anxiety making me feel this way and not some terrible illness or imminent heart failure.

There's a lot on the home page about symptoms, which I found really useful and reassuring. Hope this helps.

Lisa.