PDA

View Full Version : New to Anxiety.

neverforget
26-04-13, 14:33
My name is Clyde. I'm 21 years old, and was about to go into the military, till anxiety out of no where hit me. One night I was drinking with a few friends, and I got intoxicated of course, and I cried because i've had stomach problems in the past, and I thought I was gonna die. The next day started off normal. I was happy, feeling good, and then randomly my whole left arm went numb. I freaked out, and called my friend..Soon I was back to normal, (This is when I didn't even know what anxiety was.) Then I went home, and I was fine for a few hours, then out of no where, my heart started racing, and I had to walk around the house for 3 hours and call and talk to people to keep myself calm, I was literally scared I was gonna die. Since then, I get muscle pains, head hurts or is foggy or light headed. My neck gets tensed up and always feels like somethings in it, and I get scared im not gonna be able to breath. I think my food is always poisoned so I hardly eat or drink anything, so in the last few months, ive lost over 50 lbs, and I just need help, or tips to get over all of this. I'm really tired of it controlling my life. I'm always in physical pain. I'm pretty sure it's anxiety, but i'm always afraid it's not. I get left side chest pains, ive been to the hospital, and doctor, they both said I've checked out fine. So, please, im begging. Give me some tips, or something on how to do better with this problem. I know i'm not the only one out there with this problem, but has anyone else have had these symptoms?

1. Foggy head, head hurts, light headed.
2. Arms hurt, legs hurt, back hurts, chest pains. neck hurts, tense muscles.
3. Feels hard to breath, feels like something is in your throat. afraid throats gonna close up,
4. Heart racing.
5. I feel hopeless, and im afraid i'll never be the same as I was before anxiety.

I'd really love peoples opinions. This has been stressing me out beyond belief. Thanks for reading, hope to get some replys. Thank you.

inCOGnito
26-04-13, 19:38
Hey Clyde,

All those symptoms can be attributed to anxiety. From your post it sounds like one day you were fine and then from then on things were in a bad way. Is that really the case? What about the weeks and months before? did you get a lot of headaches, feel stressed at all, lethargic, emotionally drained, physically drained, etc?

sometimes these things sneak up on us when we're not looking. Were you happy that you addressed everything wit the GP that you wanted and got what tests you wanted?

shakey1961
26-04-13, 19:46
Hi Clyde. First thing to say is it won't kill you! But God is it hard to bear sometimes. I'm going to send you a private message, I hope you know how to read them.

Ok let's take this logically for now. How long ago have you had stomach problems? Months, years, since you were a child? It could be important.

Read this thread, it may be of help

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132144

I've included my email address in the private message. Do please email me soon, as you may have some information that would help me!

It's because it's all sudden that you feel bewildered. Hand in there, we're all here for you and each other

neverforget
26-04-13, 20:07
Well, my anxiety came after my girlfriend had left me...so I am pretty sure I was happy before my anxiety came around, but I was emotionally drained at times before hand..
I didn't have stomach issues till I was 13-14 years old. I think it was more of constipation or acid reflux. I went to the doctor and the ENT doctor today. ENT told me I had allergies, and my regular doctor told me I was healthy as an ox..So, they think my anxiety is just starting to run my over my life.

shakey1961
26-04-13, 20:10
Email me Clyde, I might be able to help you