PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Honeynut
26-04-13, 18:41
I don't really know how to do these things but hello!
I've suffered from severe social anxiety for many years, despite only being 22. I have frequent panic and anxiety attacks which stop me from doing things like going to parties like other people my age! I also have health anxiety that really affects my day to day life but I am hoping to finally try and make a positive step forward so I am able to break the cycle I'm in of stressing out, googling, stressing out more over that and then consulting dr google again! I hope this forum plays a part in this.
:blush:

hanj16
26-04-13, 19:21
Hey,

A warm welcome to the site :) I'm sure you'll find lots of support and comfort here. I'm 23 and I suffer with social anxiety. Like you this stops me from doing things that others of my age do so you are not alone. I don't suffer with health anxiety but please try and stay away from googling your symptoms as this will certainly increase your anxiety levels. Do you have any support?

Wishing you the best
Hannah

Mark13
27-04-13, 15:35
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Honeynut
28-04-13, 09:57
Hey,

A warm welcome to the site :) I'm sure you'll find lots of support and comfort here. I'm 23 and I suffer with social anxiety. Like you this stops me from doing things that others of my age do so you are not alone. I don't suffer with health anxiety but please try and stay away from googling your symptoms as this will certainly increase your anxiety levels. Do you have any support?

Wishing you the best
Hannah

My brother is a huge support but its hard being young with social anxiety because my friends don't understand really and they just think I'm being rude or lazy by not wanting to go out in group things! I've also been referred to a therapist but i haven't had the guts to call yet. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

wayne7
01-05-13, 13:54
Hey, I can relate to some of what you are going through as I get GAD. Generalised anxiety disorder and know all about Dr Google and how upsetting this can be. I hope you get the support you need on here as I have. Many good people on here and don't hesitate if you need to ask for support or advice.:)